Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad roadworks in Thomastown (N9)

Options
  • 24-08-2006 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭

From AA Roadwatch;
    *KILKENNY* On the N9 in Thomastown, Maudlin St is closed from the Maudlin Court entrance to Logan St. The closure is due to roadworks taking place until mid Sept & up to 30min delays can be expected at all times & HGV's are advised to avoid the route completely!

As if this rathole wasn't bad enough, they close half the feckin streets!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I like the warning to HGVs - they should'nt be on that road to start with!!!!! The KCC have signs at Paulstown telling them to go to Waterford via N9 only.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

mike65 wrote:
    I like the warning to HGVs - they should'nt be on that road to start with!!!!! The KCC have signs at Paulstown telling them to go to Waterford via N9 only.

Mike.

Apparently there is no legal obligation whatsoever for HGVs to go via Kilkenny N10 for Waterford port. It is just a mere recommendation.
    I counted 5 trucks passing through Thomastwn the other evening alone. Needless to say it was chaos. And it's gona get worse I reckon in the short term when Carlow bypass and Knocktphr-Waterford (N9), and Waterford bypass open in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

From AA Roadwatch;
    *KILKENNY* On the N9 at Thomastown recent diversions have been lifted. From now on, Maudlin St, will operate a one-way system. Market St, Pipe St, Logan St & Low St will also operate one way.

Advertisement