Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a room in Tuam

Options
  • 25-07-2006 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Not sure if any of ye boards users are from Tuam.
    I will be moving there soon and I am looking to rent a room in a house with other professionals from the August bank holiday weekend.
    I’d appreciate any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Hi,
    From tuam myself. Your best bet would be checking out the local paper, The Tuam Hearld. Comes out every Wednesday, and I'd say its available in nationally in the big Newsagents. There's lots of ad's in that regarding rooms. I think the 'Tuam Arts Festival', probably the biggest event in the town annually, is on during the August bank holiday so the town and accomodation is likely to be busy around then. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something. Any more questions, I'd be glad to help out..
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks Jamey for the info, I'm currently living in Cork so it's awkward for me to look for a place. Would The Tuam Hearld be available in newsagents in Galway city do you know?
    I was thinking of getting B&B for a few night till I got sorted but if that festival is on I presume they’d all be booked out.

Also Jamey, would there be many professionals renting accommodation in Tuam?
    I know there is some industry out the Dunmore road therefore I’d imagine there is or do most of these people live in Galway do you know?

On another note, any crack about Tuam? Pubs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Tuam Guide
    Tuam Herald

doubt the Tuam herald is too widely available out side of Galway County.

From Tuam but living in Galway City now. Out of interest what has you moving from cork to Tuam?? what type of work are you looking for. Dunmore rd has a fair bit of industry. the galway rd seem to be building up slowly but surely aswell

as for pubs, there a fair selection of different types around.
    The Hare Inn - Dave's Place - Curralea Hotel - The Abbey - Gay Brownes - The Square Inn - The Cellar - Reapys - The Thatch - The Mill House - The Bridge Bar - McDonaghs - Junie Loftus' - Canavans - The Snug - The Man of Aran - Geoghgans - Gilligans - The Hibernia - The Brogue - The Sportmans - The Connaught Arms - The Rustic Vaults

I'd say there would be a lot of professionals renting. Espeically as you say out the Dunmore Rd, where a lot of industry is based. A new estate in that area, 'College Green' has just opened, and I think they're are alot of people who work on the Dunmore Rd renting there. The Tuam Hearld is def available in Eason's on Shop St in Galway City and a few more newsagents, maybe O'Brien's too. If you're looking for craic, you're coming at the best time anyways, as I said, the Arts festival will be on around then, and thats the best bitta craic we get here all year to be sure. Lots of music, theatre, street shows etc. And we're def not short of pubs as Jabberwock mentioned. But 'The Connaught Arms' ¬___¬ ha.

• Advertisement

Jamey wrote:
    But 'The Connaught Arms' ¬___¬ ha.

or dirty dicks as i remember it!!

Me aswell! The only pub that opens at 8am!!

Thanks all,
    I from Donegal therefore a move from Cork to Tuam takes me a bit closer to home at least. I'm starting work in CEL

i worked there years ago. not a bad crowd. worked in the smaller plant before they expanded. tuam isn't the worst. you should find it easy to fit in with CEL cause there's people from all over in there.
    best of luck to you anyhow.
    give us a shout when you get down there and we may do a mini-boards-beer down in Tuam.

Thanks, I will put up a thread about boards beer in Tuam when I get settled in

• Advertisement
Advertisement