Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek around Ireland

Options
  • 20-07-2006 11:13am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering where everyone was from here? I'm from Limerick :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

welcome futureguy.

im from kildare myself, but its of no relevence, ive never heard of a star trek meetup here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sligo/Galway. Let's make or own meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Damn it, for some reason this thread seemed like it was going to to about something exquistly mental. Alas.

I'm from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Cork :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Being completely honest with myself I probably would dress in a starfleet uniform and walk around in public... but only to have done it.
    Now a full-dress StarTrek-nerd flashmob through Dublin city center would be a sight to behold... maybe we could be campaigning for something aswell... a merging of the Irish constitution and the prime directive maybe.

• Advertisement

maybe we could be campaigning for something aswell... a merging of the Irish constitution and the prime directive maybe.

The Prime Directive dictates that there be no interference with the natural development of any primitive society. "Primitive" is defined as any culture which has not yet attained warp drive.

Um...so does Ireland have warp drive now? :confused: Or would we be not interfering with ourselves?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nterfering with ourselves
    Everybody is doing it, something has to be done!

The Prime Directive dictates that there be no interference with the natural development of any primitive society. "Primitive" is defined as any culture which has not yet attained warp drive.

Um...so does Ireland have warp drive now? :confused: Or would we be not interfering with ourselves?
    I find your post highly illogical. O_ó

interfering with ourselves
    Everybody is doing it, something has to be done!
    Excellent idea number one, make it so.
    The StarTrek-nerd flashmob will be campaigning for sexual abstinence... if we're not getting any, then no one else should.

Maybe a pwn far dealy, ala the simpsons episode.
    Much ess sex for some, but for us, much much more.

• Advertisement

The StarTrek-nerd flashmob will be campaigning for sexual abstinence... if we're not getting any, then no one else should.

Who sez we're not getting any?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lealonie

yeah speak for yourself!

btw i'm from Waterford

Who sez we're not getting any?!
    Your mother.

(oooOOOOooooh!)

Your mother.

(oooOOOOooooh!)

As my mother doesn't watch Star Trek I suggest you keep her out of this. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6 adrian_murphy99

im from limerick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

From Wimbledon, living on Carlow/Kilkenny border (literally....... it's very thin)..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Cork boi all other star trek fans are just langers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Long time Star Trek Fan, originally from Germany, in Dublin for 6 years already.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Being completely honest with myself I probably would dress in a starfleet uniform and walk around in public... but only to have done it.

i've done it.

not the full unifore, just the top part.

(DS9 science blue)

wore it to the pub one night for a laugh.

• Advertisement

Julian!!!1

just ate my toast into the shape of a Bird of Prey by accident. :eek:

Advertisement