Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wexford taxis

Options
  • 11-07-2006 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

Have access to a home about 15/20 minutes drive from wexford town. It's close enough to Wellington bridge I believe.
    Gona be a group coming down to this house for a holiday within the next few weeks. We'd have about 2 or 3 cars between the group.
    If/when the group decided to go for a night 'out' in wexford town what is the situation with getting taxis to take a trip back to the house in the countryside?
    Will there be trouble trying to get them, could we be stranded in the town, can you book in advance???

Any advice would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Your best bet would be to definitely book it in advance as otherwise you could be left stranded in the town until the wee hours of the morning.

And if you book you will also know the price of the fare before you head out and you can find the cheapest deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

misswex wrote:
    Your best bet would be to definitely book it in advance as otherwise you could be left stranded in the town until the wee hours of the morning.

And if you book you will also know the price of the fare before you head out and you can find the cheapest deal.

thanks, anyone else any experience with this kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dinomite

Hi there chump,

I can't remember which taxi we booked, but they were grand - only problem was that the latest that I could book for was around midnight. After that, its kinda pot luck, and I've heard that you may have to wait til four...

And as we knew we were coming out early, we started early and had a couple of cans ready for when we got home - :D

I live near wellingtonbridge and for 3 of us - and they picked another on the way, it was only €15 which we were thrilled with as its 12 miles out.

Another option could be to go to Carrig on Bannow which has about 4/5 pubs - a couple of good ones too!

Advertisement