Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin terrain DEM/map

Options
  • 02-07-2006 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have one lying about?

http://www.mapflow.ie/products_maps.html#c

This is absolutley perfect but god only knows how much they charge for it and as its for a game i have no intention of buying it (altho i will ask them for it for free)

Have googled but not finding much , few possibles on College sites but no actual DEM.

Thought there was a Geog forum but this the closest thing really....

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

KdjaC wrote:
    but god only knows how much they charge for it

I'm pretty sure the company selling it also know what they charge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I'm pretty sure the company selling it also know what they charge ;)

Hence me asking them, but as its not on the website means its really expensive.

Found another site selling the same thing for 100 sterling bet its mapflows one ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

KdjaC wrote:
    Anyone have one lying about?
    What format, and what resolution?

You can freely download DEM data that was acquired from a Shuttle SRTM mission on a 3 arc second (90 metre) grid.

You can find the files here ftp://e0srp01u.ecs.nasa.gov/srtm/version2/SRTM3/Eurasia

Each file is a 1 degree x 1 degree square, e.g. N53W006.hgt.zip would be for 53 degrees north, 6 degrees west.

the format is (I believe) commonly called Globe or ArcView, Don't know what you need for your project, but I'm sure there'll be conversion programs out there.

Thanks found that wesbsite last night but it wouldnt last.

Mapflow looking for 500 blips for it :D

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Thanks found that wesbsite last night but it wouldnt last.
    What do you mean "it wouldn't last" ?

I've been using this data for a while now for a program I use for visualizing terrain in 3-D called OziExplorer3D. Works fine in the most part, although there are a few "blips" in the data here and there.

• Advertisement

Wouldnt load sorry.

kdjac

It's working fine at the moment. If you still can't access it for whatever reason, let me know and I can email you the relevant file(s).

Advertisement