Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does XLink-Kai require static IP on XBOX?

• 31-05-2006 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭

Would i be correct in saying you need to specify a static IP address (as opposed to dynamic via DHCP) on the XBOX to use XLink-Kai?

I'm convinced i read it on the Official Forum somewhere but can't find it now.

Having a nightmare setting it up.. read more about my predicament here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

see my post in that thread.

My setup is very similar.

Xbox crossover into PC

PC connects to internet through wireless.

PC WLAN is DHCP
    PC LAN is static 10.0.0.2

Xbox LAN is static 10.0.0.1

Setup kai in xbmc to look at 10.0.0.2 for the engine.

Engine running on PC

Don't make it more difficult that it actually is ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers zabbo.. am at work now but will try it when i get home and let you know!

I know i was complicating the situation alright but when i didn't get a resolution quickly, i went all out to make things complicated for myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

People always overthink home networks and don't just google terms like "router", "IP Address" or "eBGP"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

short answer: no, long answer: check the thread you posted on the computer/technology forum for the answer and post back if you get stuck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement