Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B & B in Ballina

Options
  • 23-05-2006 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

I am heading to Ballina for the June Holiday weekend and was hoping that someone could recommend a decent B&B in the town.
    As close to the river and town centre as possible as I would like to be able to walk home after a few beers.
    This is for a fishing trip so the good lady is left at home and top luxury is not expected.
    I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

mayo or tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Sorry Veg, the Mayo Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

damn cant help ya then, cos the Ballina in Tipp is on Lough Derg so i thought it may have been that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Try the ' Downhill Inn ' or the ' Ridepool Hotel '. Both new and very nice. Ridgepool is in the centre of the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Thanks Skyuser,

Got booked in the Ridgepool Hotel for next weekend, hopefully the salmon will be cp-operative !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Skyuser wrote:
    Try the ' Downhill Inn ' or the ' Ridepool Hotel '. Both new and very nice. Ridgepool is in the centre of the town.

I stayed at the Ridgepool when I married a girl from Ballina last year. Nice people and made you feel welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

I stayed in this place during a fishing trip to Ballina.

Red River Lodge - www.redriverlodgebnb.com

Nice people and a great insight into local fishing.

Advertisement