Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying in Laraghcon, Lucan - Traffic?

Options
  • 06-05-2006 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi - I am buying a property in Laraghcon, Lucan. Does anyone know what it's like to live in the estate? Namely, I've heard tell that the traffic coming out of the estate is pretty bad - that it takes ages to get out of the estate in the mornings in your car due to the fact that it's on the busy junction to Lucan bridge...Is this true?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I use the Laraghcon road for getting from Blanchardstown to Lucan, during evening rush-hour. The traffic is awful: sometimes only one or two cars get out at the traffic lights and it takes about five minutes for the green light to come around again.

All in all it can take about twenty minutes just to get across the Lucan bridge.

I'm only passing through, but I'd say it must be a nightmare for the residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

the traffic there is dreadfull, as it is most places all over lucan, gets even worse when it rains for some reason.

It looks like a nice place to live, apart from the fact the residents have started a petition to have the name changed from lucan, to strawberry beds. Best to buy the house soon if you decide to move, because they expect the value to soar if they get the name change, thats their reasoning behind it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Having used that road from Clonee to Lucan for many years before and during the time that Laraghcon was built, I can definitely say that it's one area that I now avoid like the plague! I don't think that you're ever going to avoid having such a volume of traffic there at peak hours unless you stop cars using it to rat-run up to Chapelizod, and that will probably never happen.

Nice estate but if I were you I'd consider buying a bike of some description.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

you're boned.
    that road was always busy and tends to flood in heavy rain.
    you should be okay if you come out onto the lucan-clonee road. depends which direction you're going though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Laraghcon is usually dyer in the evening with traffic chocoblock the whole way down the Main St because of hold ups in that estate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ethanb

looking to buy 4/5 bed semi in larachon, lucan , must have own driveway preferably with min two car space, be south-southwest facing not overlooked if possible. private buyer can save you €€€€'s (cut out middle man). can agree and sign with nothing to sell,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

It looks like a nice place to live, apart from the fact the residents have started a petition to have the name changed from lucan, to strawberry beds. Best to buy the house soon if you decide to move, because they expect the value to soar if they get the name change, thats their reasoning behind it ;)
    what a bunch of twats

Advertisement