Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Westport

Options
  • 05-05-2006 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I am looking for accommodation in Wesport for two nights (July 7 - 9) for 12 people and have been on the websites of all the hotels there. The prices quoted are ridiculous, some places are looking for €120 per person per night.:eek: I would appreciate any advice or links you may have. We need six twin rooms. It is my stag party but I would imagine that it may not be as rowdy as normal as most of the group are married with kids and well into their thirties.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boa-constrictor

We stayed in the Westport Woods (36 of us) on Saturday night for a stag but they shafted us as they charged us €300 a room for one night. They are applying this greedy policy of allowing people to book only 2 nights at the weekend instead of just the one night you need.

I read in the Sunday Times yesterday that alot of hotels outside of Dublin are now doing this to wedding guests which is ridiculous as weddings are costing people (ie bridegrooms and guests) enough money without this kind of rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭WILKEL

http://www.softguides.com/ireland/accommodation/Westport_Inn_Hotel_Mayo.html

try the Westport Inn (if you did not already ) used to do good deals
    -

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Zena

Try searching for self catering apartments like The Harbour Mill Apts, I am not sure what their rates are like though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Stayed in B&B The Quays Bar (on spec) two weekends ago.

€30 per person, highly recommend the place.

You need to move quick for that time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Thanks for all your help. I now have to change the dates to Friday 14th July for two nights.
    Stayed in B&B The Quays Bar (on spec) two weekends ago.

€30 per person, highly recommend the place.

You need to move quick for that time of the year.
    I will get their number tomorrow and try them.

http://www.softguides.com/ireland/ac...otel_Mayo.html

try the Westport Inn (if you did not already ) used to do good deals
    Booked out i'm afraid.

Try searching for self catering apartments like The Harbour Mill Apts, I am not sure what their rates are like though!
    I will try this again tomorrow because when I tried to make a booking, nothing happened.

We stayed in the Westport Woods (36 of us) on Saturday night for a stag but they shafted us as they charged us €300 a room for one night. They are applying this greedy policy of allowing people to book only 2 nights at the weekend instead of just the one night you need.

I read in the Sunday Times yesterday that alot of hotels outside of Dublin are now doing this to wedding guests which is ridiculous as weddings are costing people (ie bridegrooms and guests) enough money without this kind of rubbish.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would appreciate any further information. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Have you thought about staying in castlebar, is only a 10-15 min drive away, ans there are always alot of cabs. Is alot more reasonable to stay there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Westport.Mayo-Ireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Thanx 4 The Fish
    Have you thought about staying in castlebar, is only a 10-15 min drive away, ans there are always alot of cabs. Is alot more reasonable to stay there too.

I thought this was a great idea but when I suggested it, I got shot to pieces.

Thanks for the reply.
    nevf
    Westport.Mayo-Ireland.ie

Good link.

Thanks again.

Advertisement