Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlerea

Options
  • 11-03-2006 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Ol' pair just bought a cottage there... Anyone got information on the local amenities to prevent a 16year old dying of boredom? x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 allrightlad

theres verylittle to do there bar leave the place

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

theres verylittle to do there bar leave the place

what he said!

why did they buy a house there?! must have been giving them away..
    castlerea is a one horse town and the horse is dead.
    there is nothing to do there but drink, it made me the alco I am today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mandy-21

There isnt too much to do for someone that age. Nearest cinema would be athlone. The only good thing about Castlerea is the near proximity to Castlebar, Sligo, Athlone and Galway. All are an hour away. Other than travelling to those places, there isnt a lot to keep a 16 year old occupied in the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I agree with the above. There is very little to do in Castlerea. It's the sort of place where most of the young people end up wanting to leave.

About the only improvement I've seen there in recent years is the availability of broadband.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Beruthiel wrote:
    there is nothing to do there but drink, it made me the alco I am today....
    You must be so proud... :)

Anna will doubtless remember me quoting John Waters at the mods' beers: "I grew up in a place halfway between prejudice and nostalgia..." :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

wonders will never cease, but believe it or not, I do recall you saying that oscar :)

oh and yes
    I'm very proud of me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

He can play chicken with the trains:)
    Although he'd need to have a few pints first to give the trains a chance, not the fastest around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

You Can Always Sit At The Prison And See Who Goes In And Out Lol

Advertisement