Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing person: Richard Wellwood

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Hm... I doubt this'll hit the media until tonight/tomorrow if he has indeed been found.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Just heard on newstalk that they reported that the body is likely to be that of Richard Wellwood :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

that poor guy,he was just out on a fun night with mates and he never returned home. its so sad, i really feel for his friends and family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

BrightEyes wrote:
    that poor guy,he was just out on a fun night with mates and he never returned home. its so sad, i really feel for his friends and family
    we don't know the cause of death yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

LundiMardi wrote:
    we don't know the cause of death yet.
    i suppose,you dont JUST fall into the liffey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

did he actually fall in the liffey, is there any exact story online etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

fullstop wrote:
    As i said earlier in the thread, Richard was a close friend of mine. His family have identified his body. postmortem now being carried out

If that is indeed factual, R.I.P.

A sad eventuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

drdre wrote:
    did he actually fall in the liffey, is there any exact story online etc
    the only one who knows was himself unless theres eyewitnesses/cctv.no point speculating.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The family of a Co Laois student, whose body was recovered from the Liffey after he had been missing for almost a week, have thanked all those who helped search for him.

The body of Richie Wellwood (21), a third-year horticulture student at UCD and originally from Abbeyleix, Co Laois, was taken from the Liffey near Sir John Rogerson's Quay on Thursday.

He was last seen outside an Abrakebabra restaurant on Westmoreland Street, Dublin, at 3.37am last Saturday. Appeals for information about his whereabouts had been posted around the city and his family pledged a €10,000 reward for information.

It now appears that Mr Wellwood may have fallen into the Liffey after a night out. He had been in the UCD bar in Belfield before going with friends to Club M in Blooms Hotel, Temple Bar. He became separated from them after leaving the club.

Last night, his older brother, Paul Wellwood, thanked those who had assisted in the search, those who sent messages of support and Pearse Street gardaí.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

My thoughts go out to his family and friends, death is an awfull thing, but when it happens like that its totally heartbreaking. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Poor bloke. :( Rest in peace

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

RIP

My uncle knows his family.

Advertisement