Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midterm Reunion

• 07-02-2006 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen far too little people what with my mocks and all so we should have a wee get together over midterm. Perhaps the first weekend of midterm? Or perhaps the last one before we go back to school? Who knows...vote now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If all goes according to plan, I'll be busy in the afternoon of the second saturday of the midterm (being the 18th), so, the first saturday (being this week), would probably suit me better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

First weekend. I shall be aweh for the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

People have crap on weekends. How about a mid-week thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

People have crap on weekends. How about a mid-week thing?
    What he said. Wednesday or Thursday mebbe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

I'm free any day but... Friday, I think. Midweek is a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

A decision must be reached, else all will be unorganised splop. I could go any day I think, though a Sunday would be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Would this be for all CTYI or just the last year?

You can come if you didn't go in 2005, sure. But it's best if you know people.

What i meant was do many oldies from ctyi come here? or would it just be younglings

How old are you talking? There's not really anybody there who wasn't at least there in 2004.

• Advertisement

Ah. im2002/2003. Oh well back to my hole........:D

Aye but Kevin, some of the people who were there in 2004 may also have been there in older years... the only question is what sessions...

Aye but Kevin, some of the people who were there in 2004 may also have been there in older years... the only question is what sessions...
    Wait, what? Yeah, of course they could have been there in years previous to 2004. Why not? :confused:

Do you think I meant that the people who go wouldn't have been there previous to 2004? No, no, the other way round. The people who go would have had their final year there in 2004, at the latest.
    Crap, now I'm being confusing.

Yes, and therefore they may know Firespinner... so he wouldn't be a total outcast.

FireSpinner: Come. Most of the "younglings" were the n00bs of the olides old times. And besides, It;s a CTYI reunion. the true spirit of pissing about indecisvvely(sp?) in the green is still alive through the generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Raphael wrote:
    the true spirit of pissing about indecisvvely(sp?) in the green is still alive through the generations.
    Please be a metaphor.

I'm free most days (though personally I favour the mid-week) but whatever day it's on someone should make a decision or there'll be only a few people at various times over mid-term.

Yes, and therefore they may know Firespinner... so he wouldn't be a total outcast.
    Oh totally. But how many are there really? Matt, Pierce (sometimes) and eh, maybe someone else?

But Firespinner, you should definitely come. :D

Yeah, we should settle on a day by tomorrow night so people can start getting the word out. I'm gonna suggest Wednesday. Any objections?

Bah, if its wednesday, i have to get an early bus.

Actually...I'm on holidays, I'll just skip sleeping. So Wednesday, Thursday or Friday suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

well I'd have to leave sometime around 6-ish for piano >.<

But then again I do that on weekends anyway, and I just remembered I have drama this weekend so midweek would suit me better too.

Thursday then? If we can save you leaving early-ish and Aonghus having to get an early bus then we should.

• Advertisement

Nah I'm going to John's on Thursday...

Johnage is going to be in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

indeedly, i support thursday for the reunionage

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

me too, makes sense for me to only have to make a journey to dublin once, killing two birds with one stone, kind of, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

meeka wrote:
    me too, makes sense for me to only have to make a journey to dublin once, killing two birds with one stone, kind of, I think.
    pffft, and you call yourself a vegitarian

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I can go any day but Monday and Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Zounds: She just killed them, she didn't eat them.

And in fact, she didn't kill them, she just advocated it.

Cool i'll be there. And be slightly square.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

The people who go would have had their final year there in 2004, at the latest.

Don't you mean at the latest?

• Advertisement

Don't you mean at the latest?
    Yep. Hence my phrase, "at the latest."

Advertisement