Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Irish women dress

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

. Irish women might look a bit scruffy if they're nipping round the corner for a pint of milk but she makes an effort for a Friday/Saturday night.

Really ladies, Irish women just aren't up to much when it comes to looking good, and it's not just when they're buying milk.

I think from the posts here that that this is mostly accepted.

So why do these other women Eastern Europe do it better?

Perhaps - No jeans, no T-shirts, no runners and further down the list no track suits, no nylon jackets, and no fleeces
    They have a head start straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

sorry but i cannot understand this!

guys tend to have 2 pairs of jeans-one pair for going out and one for every other day, a couple of t shirts with slogans like - 'jesus is coming! look busy' which just r not as funny the 50th time, whateva there football jersey of choice is and a hoody and coat! a dirty pair of trainers& all of these things permanatley have a boyish scent- or their mother still dresses them! . . . o ye and they sleep in their boxers, if a girl carries on like that wed b called a tramp/hippy/dyke/dirty whore!

in my opinion you guys dont no wat ye want!
    nd b4 i ever wore ugg buts i thought they were naff looking but they really r soo comfy, its not just a fashion thing!

so blah !
    holly x)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

PS. Just a note on my post of what I wear, I'm not Irish I'm Finnish. It depends on each individual, not their nationality.
    I've gone into comfort dressing now as well. Not having a uniform can be kind of annoying when you just can't be bothered getting all dressed up. Since starting college I've just become more of a slob. I have a wardrobe full of those really soft tracksuit bottoms and I adore my Uggs. Basically I feel like I'm in pjs and slippers when I wear them so I stick to those. I dress up if I'm going out or whatever but my day to day wardrobe is very much comfort orientated. I'm not really bothered tbh. I don't feel there's a point to dressing like you're in a fashion show every day.

BTW I tuck my trousers into my boots because I paid £150 for them so I don't want them being ruined by mud etc. from my trousers. The estate I live in atm is still being built so there is mud everywhere. Also when it snows the Uggs keep my feet all nice and toasty. ( I live in England so snow isn't quite as rare as it is in Ireland.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Victorious wrote:
    so any help other than jeans/black pants uniform would be appreciated :-)
    Vic

Add accessories and jewellery. That makes such a difference. I could go from day to night wearing the same clothes (and often have) by adding or changing my accessories and jewellery.

I just don't get why girls are so high maintenance during college?!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

This is a zombie thread, please don't resurrect threads this old! Closing.

MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement