Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finger tappin

Options
  • 18-11-2005 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

iv beign curious about this technique for a while and i dont know exactly what it is or how ya do it!......can anyone give me a rough idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The basic idea is to hammer on and pull off at a point beyonf the reach of your left hand. An example would be if one wanted to pull off from the 12th, to the fifth, to the third. One would strike the string, on the 12th fret, quite sharply, with one's right hand, to sound the string, as you take the finger of your right hand off the string, pull off from the fifth to the third. It's just a question of hitting accurately and sharply with the right hand and timing yourself well to pull off the other notes. Practice makes perfect. ;)

Advertisement