Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mr. Dictionary

• 22-06-2002 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Mr. Dictionary? Pleased to see you have joined us and that you enjoy being so vociferous.

Please use your exisitng account (or if you dont have one set up a new one.)

Unregistered posts are intended to be used to let people say things they would rather not be indentified by.

You're abusing this, and it's starting to get annoying.

Thank you.

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Seems like a fair offer. Can they be banned if they continue posting as unregistered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

ok i'll stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

So it was you then Merc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

AH HA my cunning plan worked. I motion a vote to have Mercury_Tilt banned from broads.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by francie brady
    ok i'll stop it.

I hope so Francie.

Merc, the answer will come out in time I'd say :)

Francie, you admitted responsibility, I hope you don't write more than a letter of innocence to Merc's reply. Please don't aggravate this further or it can be viewed as further guilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

This is like trying to figure out who Batman really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Good god, some people will always have too much time on their hands, muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I still think that at least the unregistered guests post should at at least be read before coming to view :)

• Advertisement

Mr. Dictionary is back to his thesaurus.com ways.

Francie - you said that you would stop, you haven't. I'm barring you for a while from PI, give us a shout on PM to talk about it yeah?

Sorry if this seems silly to anyone, feel free to PM me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Hmmm.

Mr. Dictionary/Thesaurus (i cant spell that word), as you can see my most esteemed collegue Gordon here has a slight nervous twitch when he sees your posts and manages to move every one to the recycle bin.

Please get an account and this will stop happening, you're abusing the system.

Anyone who is wondering where the name calling stuff is... check the recycle bin.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I'm afraid i moved this with the rest of the stuff cause from the little breif bit i could see it looked like more name calling/explaining, etc. Sorry Mercury_Tilt

<< Fio >>
    Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Anyhows....

All unregi does... is allow you to "not use" your real Boards ID.

Banning and 12 clicks are not based on the users ID? I’m sure if it was needed you could hunt down the offenders.

Some of the unregies...though blatantly lies are still good topics. I don’t think the guy who thinks his mum is having an affair is genuine(Can a 22 year old write like that? I mean "puppy"??? ehh?)...but the responses..like those in the Threesome one are genuine(that helpful reply removed by gordo was my only unregi post. I made it obvious t'was me..but I was meant to be banned..thus the removal*) Its all still good reading over a morning coffee. Beats the Indo hands down

Its the Mr Thesaurus’s of the world who need a spanking. Funny twice..but now? Or the "I am a ****...help" who need a boards wide ban.

Its not like an unregie is truly hidden...unless its a one time visitor taking the piss.

We shouldn’t really deny this useful way of posting to people who have genuine problems or start an interesting topic. They are not really as hidden as they might think. It just saves face tbh.

It should stay I think. Lets be honest...This is not like the CS board in anyway. That was all personal attacks/fights and pure sh1te posts.

This place is pretty well mod'ed. The day when one of the Famous 5 steps in to note disapproval...is when unregi should be reconsidered.

*or because at the end I offered my services as the second bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Francie Brady - Unbarred from PI
    Thanks for pm'ing me Francie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I take it it wasn't really him, then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Ah Mr.D. Can only really be summed up with this

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

mr. dictionary has to be typedef, after reading his replies in other boards, yep, I'd say it was him..but that's just my opinion;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i dont c the problum wit postin as unregistered, if u need help wit a sesitive subject and u dont want every1 to know whatever, wats the problum??????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    i dont c the problum wit postin as unregistered, if u need help wit a sesitive subject and u dont want every1 to know whatever, wats the problum??????

Perhaps people should have to pass a basic literacy test to get a boards account? :-D

The problem is, a lot of people are abusing the unregistered option, fair enough if they want to remain anonymous and have a serious problem or a valid point to make.

• Advertisement
Advertisement