Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noodles

Options
  • 19-02-2002 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me why noodles come in blocks?

I can't imagine freesh noodles coming in blocks but I don't know. Do they?

And how do they make these blocks?

And most importantly why do the noodles in these blocks never get taggeled up?

Fade to Credits
    Scipio_major

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

You're a nut, as crazy as a coconut.
    I assume that theyre in blocks for easy packaging and what not.
    Not sure exactly why they dont get tangled but i dont care coz noodles are great. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭scipio_major

That don't really answer any of my questions.

To say that they come in blocks for easy packaging doesn't quite do it. Noodles bastard cousin by an Italian: Pasta comes in long strings. I can't see why noddles couldn't be sold like that.

And yes I LIKE NODDLES ALOT!!!!

"Five exclaimation marks are a sure sign of an unsound mind."- Terry Prachett.

Fade to Credits
    Scipio_major

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'd say it's so they preserve well, although I don't think they go off, or else because a block is equal to a portion, i.e - in packs of noodles that I've bought (egg noodles) the package contains 4 blocks, and each block is a single portion.
    I imagine they never get tangled because there's some ingredient included (salt) to stop them doing so? I've no definite answer, but they're my thoughts, on this absoltely stupid subject!!!!!

<edited for clarity>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

I always thought that noodles were invented by the chinese, no sort of relation to pasta really.
    Although if they were sold in long strings they wouldnt be noodles theyd be spagetti.

You really havn't thought this through have you?

I would also like to add that i think that noodles do tangle, a little bit, otherwise how would you be able to get them up onto the fork?

PS:I didnt say you didnt like noodles, ya silly spoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭scipio_major

Actually I've been spending far too much time thinking about it.

First let me clarify what I meant by tangle. I meant that you don't find it knoted in the pot as you stir it.

As for Noodles being invented by the Chinese, they were, God bless those Chinese. Marco Polo brought the recipe back from China. He obviously got it wrong because he ended up making spagetti when he thought he was making noddles. Therefore Pasta could be said to be noodles as created by Italians. That is of course unless the italians had pasta before Marco Polo but I don't know. I always believed that story to be true. I thank Marco Polo for a lot of stuff as well: ICE CREAM for example. Although us poor europeans had to wait a while for CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM.

Finally does anyone know anything about the mysterious ingredent (possibly salt) which stops them getting tangled. And how it works please.

Fade to Credits
    Scipio_major

• Advertisement
Advertisement