Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Previews on 6th October

Options
  • 28-09-2005 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Cineworld (UGC) have previews of Serenity on the Thursday before opening, if anyone is interested in going a day early.

because I have absolutely no patience, I have my tickets already :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I wonder if the IMC in Dun Laoghaire has them.. Only place I'd be able to get to. Their site is crap, so I can't tell. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Fantastic. Just booked mine. And I could use the unlimited card. Hmm, maybe I should book for Fri, sat and sun too ;)

But if you use the unlimited card, the movie doesn't make money off your tickets.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭NineMoons

No Daelus, they still get money. It's the same as when concession tickets are sold - the cinema pass tickets are marked €4.50 (or thereabouts). If the arrangement is for the studio to receive 90% of the box office, they will receive 90% of the face value of Fence's ticket.
    Besides, Fence and I already shelled out a few credits for the preview screening. And because unlimited cards allow us to go to see Serenity as many times as we want (even to every screening if we want!), we'll be seeing it several times (which we mightn't be able to afford to do otherwise). So lots of money goes to the studio!

Oh, well that's pretty good then! Must get me one of those..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭NineMoons

Daelus wrote:
    Oh, well that's pretty good then! Must get me one of those..

:D I got mine when they first came out about 6 years ago. It is definitely the best thing I have ever spent money on. You can even use it abroad - I've been to the cinema in Paris with it when I was on holidays and I used it in the UGC in Edinburgh the year I lived there. Of course, it was a lot easier to use when I lived five minutes from Parnell Street instead of in Drogheda, but still! ;)

It also means you don't have to be too choosy about what you see in the cinema - you can broaden your horizons by going to see stuff you might not consider seeing if you had to pay full whack for it. And if you make the mistake of going to see something dire, you can console yourself with the thought that it didn't cost you any money!

Advertisement