Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for first years

Options
  • 27-08-2005 6:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm going to be starting my 1st year in chemical and pharm sciences.
    I read the post about registration and have a stupid question, can I bring somebody i.e. a friend or my bf in with me on the day of registration?
    Stupid I know but I'm pretty nervous.
    How do I find out about fees and when are they normally paid??
    Oh and what's the deal with a certain "freshers ball"?

Jeez... Dunno what else.. Had a ton of questions a minute ago... lol

Well thank you everyone :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BAm MArgera

All the thousands of ppl registering won't know anyone else there either, and it's a good place to talk to new people from your class in the queues. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to bring a friend though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, honestly, they will have people from DCU there to direct you where you need to go and you will make friends with lots of people on your travels! You can bring someone but its much more worth your while to go alone, and make friends.

Orientation week is great fun tbh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poskat

Yea, its all fun and games, and the best way to meet ppl out of your course!

i know i was really shy going into college the first time, but it turned out GREAT!

and just remember- EVERYONE is new there, and they all want someone to hold onto, so why not just huddle up with the other newbies. :)

and as jesjes said, thers loads of ppl runing around telling you where to go or bring you somewhere if needs be. Me for example will be one of them.
    so dont worry, just enjoy the new experience that there is called

COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Ah i'll bring my bf, He lives out in the area anyway so there's no problem with it. I'd rather he'd be there with me lol Can still make friends!

Thanks for the replies
    :)

Advertisement