Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Starsphere, great new browser based game

• 05-12-2001 5:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

If u have gotten sick of Planetarion, or just don't wanna pay for PA anymore, try Starsphere. It is a game very similar to planetarion, and still in the beta stages as of yet. However it is beginning to look good, and has many excellent ideas never seen in Planetarion before. It is based around planetarion's original ideas, with the main aim attacking for 'roids, however like previous rounds of planetarion you have thieves :D which allow u to steal other players ships... check out the site for more info..

Go to www.starsphere.net and sign up now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

signed up on 22/11, logged in once and never logged in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

as have i just signed up gettind pw now. is it better than uw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

It's better than PA, but a kick in the balls is better than PA. I only signed up this morning. Are they're any alliances by the name of Legion or Fury?

for some unknown reason i cant connect to the website for it. is it down or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hinch

we keep running out of bandwidth and its gettting expensive to run it we`re pre paying aload of bandwidth now and hopefully over xmas it`ll be stable wit hteh new beta code in it as well

we`re looking to go live with round 1 fully at end of january once all the combat bugs are fixed

• Advertisement

my system seemed to start off there lately its quiet good have colanised some poor sod allready. Theres me not having a clue how to play but its still a good game.

question? how does one increase there production and ore?
    and whats the story with fleets? they seem so hard to organise properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Imlad Morgul

build up your planets and mines... the game is kinda crap in my opinion.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oddman

hinch wrote: »
    we keep running out of bandwidth and its gettting expensive to run it we`re pre paying aload of bandwidth now and hopefully over xmas it`ll be stable wit hteh new beta code in it as well

we`re looking to go live with round 1 fully at end of january once all the combat bugs are fixed

Are you still contactable somehow?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oddman wrote: »
    Are you still contactable somehow?!

This is a 20-year-old thread my friend, you're not likely to get any response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Might be his 20 year old child he never knew about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Brand new account with vague generic comment, I'd guess a spam account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oddman

Yeah I know, but I'm hoping I can get ahold of the original dev. I regularly try and find them. I'm building a browser-based RTS heavily inspired by the games of the past that I used to adore, bumped up with 20+ years of webdev experience and modern web tech, usable across all devices.

I'm looking to pick their brain :)

Wrong.

Advertisement