Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

James Murphy Lcd Soundsystem This Sunday The Village

• 08-07-2005 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

JAMES MURPHY OF DFA RECORDS AND LCD SOUNDSYSTEM MAKES HIS DEBUT DJ PERFORMANCE IN IRELAND

SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE VILLAGE WITH ARVEENE AND K.I.L DJS SUPPORTING, DOORS 11PM

James Murphy (LCD soundsystem/DFA records) 'The Pharrell Williams of punk-funk'

James spent most of the '90s doing live sound engineering for US punk bands before finding his own place in the world with the super cool LCD soundsystem and DFA records. A band and a label that look set to make their own mark on the planet with their off the radar sounds.

In New York he teamed up with a contrasting but complimentary partner-in-musical-crime in England's Tim Goldsworthy as part of the Death From Above aka DFA label and production team, and touring with his very own rock 'n' roll dance band.

Losing My Edge, the 2002 single that launched LCD Soundsystem's recording career, skewered the vanity, insecurity and one-upmanship of the ageing hipster with hilarious accuracy and remains an anthem around the globe. Further singles and an album have followed and have garnered excellent reviews.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

The album's a bit soulless, but "Losing My Edge" is classic.
    His music's questionable, but as a DJ he's undeniably clever. If I'm not working, I think I'll go to that.

[edit]

Ah yeah, today's Tuesday...

Anyone go to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I can't believe I missed this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement