Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

favorite Bass Player

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

dont forget Roger Waters, tho he moved to fenders after the first few albums.
    Larry Graham really puts Flea in his place, he does some really crazy but tasteful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

With every great bassist comes a Ric - McCartney, Lemmy, Geddy Lee, Chris Squire
    dont forget Roger Waters

Don't forget Dr J either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Peter Hook - New Order

and some Irish ones...
    Rachel Tighe - Into Paradise
    Martin Healy (Bass Guitar) with Ahouse

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yer man who played with steve vai, dunno his name...and les claypool of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

D'Arcy wasn't that great of a bassist, now I do think she was cool, she inspired me to take up the bass many moons ago but on most of the albums Billy played the bass. D'Arcy would take too many takes to get it right so Billy would do it to save studio time and money. Her replacement Melissa Auf Der Maur was a brilliant bass player and bounced around the stage.

But the man of the 4/5 stringer has to be Flea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

I like the guy who plays bass for Beck. Anybody knows his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I like the guy who plays bass for Beck. Anybody knows his name?

justin meldal-johnson, yeah he's insanely good, especially on midnite vultures
    i don't know who the current bassist is though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Ravelleman wrote:
    I'd say that's only true of crap or boring bass players. If they try playing more than root notes then they're hard to miss.

No, not true.

Oftentimes they just get lost in the mix.

Anyway, my fave = Jaco Pastorius.

Btw, how do you pronounce his first name.

Ja(m)co? jah-co
    Ya(m)co? yah-co
    Ja(mes)co? jay-co

Advertisement