Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nirvana

Options
  • 01-07-2005 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

If In Utero doesn't win there's no justice.

What's your favourite Nirvana LP? 35 votes

Bleach
    0% 0 votes
    Nevermind
    11% 4 votes
    In Utero
    88% 31 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

nlgbbbblth wrote:

true.very true.
    but they are three very different albums..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

I thought Nevermind was the Best!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

For me, Nevermind was an album which contained no bad songs, no filler as such, just great song after great song. BUT, with that said, In Utero was the sound of a band at their absolute core best - Heart Shaped Box has to be Nirvana's Best and most complete song ever. And the video - pure brilliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

In Utero.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In Utero, for sheer artistic content, truly excellent,

However, Bleach shows them full of potential, and Nevermind is just great to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

dudara wrote:
    In Utero, for sheer artistic content, truly excellent,

However, Bleach shows them full of potential, and Nevermind is just great to listen to.

Ditto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Nevermind just flows from start to finish so naturally. There's something so rounded about that album, so absolutely right. It's like you knew it intimately before you ever listened to it.

This is the second niggllybiggly poll I've voted on in as many days and the second time I'll say that you can't really go wrong with any of those albums.

Personally I love the Unplugged sessions the best for the sheer variety and sense of humour on display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

In Utero is great but nothing will ever top Nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

nirvana,total class,where would my teenage years be without them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Incesticide anyone? Not their best but a damn fine attempt

• Advertisement

uh im not sure id call it an "attempt" cos its a compilation of rarities and b-sides like..
    not an album as such..
    and if that was included, you'd have to include unplugged which would get my vote...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

moonboy wrote:
    uh im not sure id call it an "attempt" cos its a compilation of rarities and b-sides like..
    not an album as such..
    and if that was included, you'd have to include unplugged which would get my vote...

Compilation albums, unplugged albums, live albums

- none of these count in a band's 'best album' poll. Not in my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the lyrics and meanins in "in utero" make it number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭shano

Anyone remember getting laughed at for being uncool or out of touch when they bought "IN UTERO"? I was 17 at the time of release recall being made feel like an idiot for following this bunch of mainstream sell outs. Also remember reviewers slating it in the written media of the day saying that it was practically unlistenable. It's funny and sad that it takes the death of the artist to raise them or their material to a different level. I picked Nevermind because I cannot find fault with any track on that album and I think there are a couple of fillers on In Utero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

bleach

"i'm different"

I think nevermind is their worst

in utero is deadly too, as is incesticide, unplugged and muddy bansk of the wishkah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

i still say incesticide is thier best album, ast least, its my favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

hada wrote:
    Heart Shaped Box has to be Nirvana's Best and most complete song ever. And the video - pure brilliance.

It's too bad that some young video maker got screwed over by the record company on that video. He came up with the treatment and designed the look of it then was told he wasn't getting the gig and Anton Corbijn got signed up to make the exact video that the first guy had proposed.

Oh yeah - I go for In Utero, just by a tiny bit mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

In Utero has so many classic songs, plus Dumb has to be the best grunge song ever! In terms of nevermind it was too polished compared to In utero.thats just an opinion though.............

It's too bad that some young video maker got screwed over by the record company on that video. He came up with the treatment and designed the look of it then was told he wasn't getting the gig and Anton Corbijn got signed up to make the exact video that the first guy had proposed..

coming from someone who knows anton personally...
    this didnt happen quite as people say..
    yes, someone else was supposed to direct it first and yes, he suggested a lot of the images but anton corbijn visualized these images and what you see on the screen is his interperetation of the images..
    the overall atmosphere and grittyness of the video is a reflection of his own work and i believe he made the video what it was..
    but anyway its just cos its probably my favourite video!!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

county wrote:
    nirvana,total class,where would my teenage years be without them

Same here!!
    I have to say Nevermind though. Dave Grohl's energy on drums blew me away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Potcher

Is anyone on these boards into collecting nirvana bootlegs mainly live ones?
    I'd be interested in trading if you are....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Deadwing wrote:
    i still say incesticide is thier best album, ast least, its my favourite

see post #13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    see post #13
    See post #17. See my opinion. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BigNToasty

The correct answer is Nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i though nevermind was their best, but if you're going to say something like your first post what's the point in the poll?

Advertisement