Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox gone belly up - any advice

Options
  • 14-06-2005 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have an xbox modded with an xecuter 3 chip. It worked fine for the last couple of months. Im on a J1 visa at the moment and have brought my box away with me...

I got off the plane, arrived at my house and it won't work. Now I know the voltage is different over here and I connected the xbox up using an ATX power supply connected directly to the motherboard but no joy it wouldn't turn on.

I bought an xbox power supply on line, have put it in the box and no joy either. The mod chip LED flashes for about a quarter of a second and dies and theres no sign of life from the xbox, no fan no lights...nada.

I assume that there is something wrong with the motherboard? Any one have experience with a similar problem? Any advice?

Thanks Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

just a suggestion and i dont fink makes any sence is that it could of been too cold up in the air :rolleyes: :o or it was destryoyed by pressere :rolleyes: :)
    Flunk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

It was in my hand luggage so I could keep an eye on it and I was so carefull! so the pressure never got to it. Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

When you first powered it up, were you using the ATX power supply? What Wattage rating was it? What was the 110/220 switch at the back set to?

Sounds like you've fried your board.

Suggestion: buy a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Transporting could have causded solderings to loosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If you're talking about the solder on the pin-header/wire-mod, then yeah, possibly, but the xbox should still boot with the modchip turned off/unplugged from the board.

Stereo-steve, chances are you *may* need to replace the PSU and/or the board. you can pick up a replacement board & psu for relatively little money.
    Or just buy a 2nd-hand xbox or something and solder in the appropriate header.

• Advertisement
Advertisement