Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a modchip

• 16-05-2005 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

can annyone sell me a cheapmod or someting under €30??????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

www.kanection.co.uk is a reputable retailer.

There are loads of them.

I heartedly recommend the Xecuter 2.6CE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

SyxPak wrote:
    www.kanection.co.uk is a reputable retailer.

There are loads of them.

I heartedly recommend the Xecuter 2.6CE
    thank a lot man no hdd in my xbox anymore so i need a chip and a new hdd to fix

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

I have an Xecutor 2.6CE , it's class! (I wussied out and used a Xapt3r though!)

I don't like the Xapter, anything that aint soldered down will fall off eventually.
    And the soldering aint that hard when you know what you're at.

ive probs got myself a cheapmod for a tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

Speaking of cheapmods, isnt there someway you can flash the onboard bios (TSOP) - solder two points together (write-protection disable) on the board and flash it? That'd be the cheapest of mods surely (though you couldnt turn it off).

Eur30 or so isn't too much to pay for a proper modchip.
    Far safer and more flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

jumbo wrote:
    Speaking of cheapmods, isnt there someway you can flash the onboard bios (TSOP) - solder two points together (write-protection disable) on the board and flash it? That'd be the cheapest of mods surely (though you couldnt turn it off).

Has anyone ever tried this. Good/Bad idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Every method requires lots of reading first (www.xbox-scene.com). If you are not prepared to do the research then you should get someone else to do it.

btw softmods are another very cheap option (mechassault+action replay=€40) and work just as well if not better (I dont think any modchip supports mounting iso images as a virtual DVD drive for example)

i use hdd loader to play games from hdd

• Advertisement

If anyone's interested, a guy I know on boards has a spare chip (Xecuter 2.6CE) he wants to sell as he doesn't need it. It's brand new, hasn't even been opened yet.

PM me for details if you like.

Amp, if this is against charter, kindly delete smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

weeder wrote:
    i use hdd loader to play games from hdd
    Try dvd2xbox, it's better as it will automatically rename long filenames and patch the default.xbe to suit which I dont think HDDloader will do.

If you need to preserve the long filenames without altering them (e.g. for a DVD/CD of mp3s or emulator ROMs) the nkpatcher softmod will allow you to redirect the kernel to the .iso image instead of the physical DVD drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 donie

I have a Xenium ice. I could give it away for the postage cost which is €35
    Donie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

SyxPak wrote:
    I don't like the Xapter, anything that aint soldered down will fall off eventually.
    And the soldering aint that hard when you know what you're at.

Hi,

(jez php forums load so slow over dial up)

I haven't used Xapter but there are solderless solutions that do hold up to "some shaking"+that won't fall off.

This video( http://www.teamxodus.com/XOS/spice.wmv ) shows the s.p.ice adapter that is used to mod a v1.6 xbox.

What do ye think?

jumbo wrote:
    Has anyone ever tried this. Good/Bad idea?
    its possible thers guides on www.xbox-scene.com and last night i ordered a dms xbit and it screws into a hole in the mobo so it cant really fall off its a pogopin install method

Advertisement