Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop as monitor

Options
  • 04-05-2005 2:13am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question in computing terms,
    was wondering if there was any way to use my laptop as a monitor for my PC. Basically I have both in a small room and so am trying to find ways to cut back on the crap, so if it were possible it would remove a huge chunky monitor as well as find a permenant placement for auld lappy.
    it has an s-video socket (out, though) and a monitor socket for connecting a second screen... anyone know if I can mess with the software so I can hook my PC up to the screen? I can see it having many problems, mind you... but anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i looked into this a while back and its a lot of work for very little gain.

The only way i found out to do it with out making hardware mods is by getting a program(cant rember what its called) and running it on both the laptop and pc and it connects one to the other. ie making the pc use the laptops screen.

Its not worth it as you need to have the laptop running as well as the pc.

It would be cool if you could use the screen and keyboard of a laptop with a pc tower and be able to remove all other things from the laptop ie. hard-drive, cards etc.

Advertisement