Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else here write a blog?

Options
  • 29-04-2005 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Seriously? How much time do you spend on it?

I just started mine (shameless pimp!) and it took far longer than expected. How much time do you spend on yours regularly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭ucd_guy

Yeah, I know about that - consider me duly smacked down. It's late!

I'm just wondering if anyone puts a lot of time into their blog? How much a day, etc?

By far the most prolific Irish blogger I've read has to be Gavin of Gavin's Blog fame - that guy posts a LOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I have not so much a blog but more a protected journal of my work experience as well as some random thoughts and musings.

Actually, I guess it is a blog. Whadda you know...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm just wondering if anyone puts a lot of time into their blog?

Can't say that I do - it takes as long as it takes to write it up and that's it. I'm blogging for myself, not an audience so I don't spend ages procastinating over what to post/not post.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

writing a quick little e-mail takes me forever so my waffly blog posts take some time too :)

with only the weekend and the odd evening free, i only blgo about twice a week at the mo - i'm nearly at the bottom of the potb list! - the shame! :0

and if you visit potb ucd_guy you will see that a *lot* of irish bloggers post often :)

good luck with your own effort - i shudder when i think of my 5 years at belfield but i'll try and overcome that to pay the odd visit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I do it for myself aswell. There are a few people (family and friends) who I know read it so I occasionally post something about my travels / work / life that I think they may be interested in. I'm certently not doing it to achieve any kind of fame on the 'Blogosphere', it's almost exclusively got nothing to do with anything of popular interest.. just my own thoughts and musings.

time wise, I make a post about once every couple of days.. less if I'm away from the computer or just don't feel like it. I've got no deadline to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

I think the group blog at www.SluggerOToole.com generates the most posts of all Irish blogs. Other group blogs like Tuppenceworth.ie and BackSeatDrivers.blogspot.com are good places to fill your aimless hours. Personally, I like clicking the photos that come up in www.Technorati.com/tag/irishblogs because they show more than 1000 words per image, IMHO.

If you want to let automation take you to the frequently updated blogs, watching the listing on the RH column of www.PlanetOfTheBlogs.com because the blogs at the top have been updated most recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Check out ...

http://www.avalon5.com

It's called "Howl @ The Moon"... I tend to update it most days, but some other folks also asked to 'join' up and use it as a platform for their rants and raves, so all in all there are three of us using it at the mo, but It's my blog, installed and setup on Wordpress 1.5 by yours truely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭jmcc

http://blog.whoisireland.com

Mainly stuff on domains/hosting/search engines. A pile of theorising and some ideas that are implemented. Read it and you'll never think of the Irish hosting business in the same way again.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Eh, I have a few blogs.

None of them are worth reading to be honest about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement