Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first i have seen...

Options
  • 24-04-2005 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

opened and xbox today to find a toshiba dvd-rom
    granted it is the same samsung one, guess toshiba and samsung are mates

also it had the brown dvd-rom cable, but was a 1.6a (samsung chips)

bit nervous but i'll solder in my cheapmod tomorrow night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

cheapmod? tsk tsk tsk :)
    Enjoy rebuilding the LPC bus.
    You can get LG drives too, they play everything apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

tut at cheap mods

i got 20 chips for $150, fit them in 1 hr and charge €50

can't go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

SyxPak wrote:
    cheapmod? tsk tsk tsk :)
    Enjoy rebuilding the LPC bus.
    You can get LG drives too, they play everything apparently.

I`ve never seen LG drives, and i must have opened a 100 Xboxes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭r3boot

I think this only a recent thing. I have the same ing (toshiba samsung) plastered on my "toshiba" dvd writer. Very strange. Could we be seeing toshiba samsung laptops soon ?!!?!?!

very off topic I know.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

mukki wrote:
    tut at cheap mods

i got 20 chips for $150, fit them in 1 hr and charge €50

can't go wrong
    It's the one company: http://www.tsstorage.com/index_e.html

softmod: Mechassault+action replay memory card=€40
    install + backup in 10 minutes,
    rinse,
    repeat.

• Advertisement

I`ve never seen LG drives, and i must have opened a 100 Xboxes :D
    You can buy them from modding sites.

I bought a 2nd hand Xbox today, crystal, turned out to be a 1.6 (but I have a bunch of the LPC-rebuild PCBs lying about for the Xecuter 2.6CE).
    It had the Toshiba-Samsung drive with the brown power/audio/jumper wires.

Mukki - how's the drive for reading DVDRs, CDRWs etc?

She's modded, Xecuter2 CE, pin-header, X2.5029.INTERNAL (Bank 1&2, LBA48), Evox M8+ (Bank 3&4, LBA48, 6 partition (F: takes rest of drive),No ™, standard power LEDs, Orange X splash on boot). Slayer's EvoX installer used on the retail drive.
    1.6a, Samsung Chips, crystal.
    I used the Xecuter2 LPC rebuild PCB, really really easy compared to the last 1.6 (a 'b' as it happens) I modded. Had the job done in a few minutes.
    Going to slap a 250gig drive into her, replace the IDE cable with an 80wire one, replace the fan with a silent 80mm fan and hack the hdd tray to bits - basically remove a large chunk of the back and a section of the front of the hdd tray so air gets sucked straight through the cpu and gpu heatsink fins and also straight under the hdd.
    I've plans to do something to the jewel also, and place a few strategic LEDs (probably white, blue or red) into the plastic for a fibre optic lighting effect, they will be switched also, so I can turn off the lighting when needed.
    Might rig the fan for 7V/12V too.

Does anyone know if the FanSpeed sense pin on the fan header is actually used/usable by anything?
    I know the new (V1.1?) version of XBMC has an auto-fanspeed option where it will endeavour to keep the xbox at or below a target temperature by varying the fanspeed, I assume it does this by changing voltage but that it just uses voltage steps referenced against the stock fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Hi,

I'm not sure how to, but I know that there is a bios xecuter I think that you can change a hex value and permently change the fan speed, therefore setting the speed for games etc. The xbmc speed control was overridden when you started a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

theres hitachi drives too..........o wait yea s**t its hitachi-LG nw isnt it

• Advertisement
Advertisement