Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Parlour - O'Connell St Clonmel

Options
  • 16-03-2005 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently discovered that there is a new tattoo and body peircing shop in Clonmel, on O'Connell St, near the Gate. How long has that been there, and can anyone throw some light on how good he is?

I'm thinking of getting another tattoo done during the summer (good period for healing) and considering getting it done there, only thing, I'm always wary of these new parlours popping up. How experienced is the guy, what qualification has he? etc.

memphis

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Where exactly is it? I didn't see it there last month !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I've never seen it but you may want to post this in tattoo/piercing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I am MAN wrote:
    I've never seen it but you may want to post this in tattoo/piercing
    Wise words my friend, will link to it in the tattoo section.

Its located upstairs beside the school book shop there near the gate, what they call it, Marians is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

I know there was someone operating in the O'Connell Mall with whom a lot of people were annoyed. I don't know about this new guy.

solo1 wrote:
    I know there was someone operating in the O'Connell Mall with whom a lot of people were annoyed. I don't know about this new guy.
    No, the guy in the Mall you speak of is a different bloke, I believe he isn't great ok. The guy I'm talking about is actually on O'Connel ST, upstairs near the gate, as I said above.

I found out since that he's polish or something, can't give anymore details!

• Advertisement

OK man. I live in Clonmel. As soon as I hear something, I'll post it.

Thanks appreciate that. Am a Tipp man myself. In college in Clonmel but living in Cashel!

Sorry to bump this up gain, the place I'm refering to is 41 O'Connell St. Name of it is Magic Tattoo.

I have a contact number for the bloke if anyone is interested I can PM it to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

yeah, I heard that guy on O'Connell Street is a butcher . Id recommend going to JMDs in Waterford tbh.

I've heard nothing but good things about Johnny Waterford.

There's another tattoo place on Gladstone St, called Celtic/Gothic or something. It's right above the Permanent TSB. Do you know it?

• Advertisement

solo1 wrote:
    I've heard nothing but good things about Johnny Waterford.

There's another tattoo place on Gladstone St, called Celtic/Gothic or something. It's right above the Permanent TSB. Do you know it?
    Is that not the one in the Mall your on about?

No.

solo1 wrote:
    No.
    Same, guy, he was upstair over the hairdresser in the Mall, has moved to Gladstone st a few weeks back.

Oh right. Then it is that guy, yes. He has a tiny girlfriend. And a van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

hi all, i from clonmel and have two tatoos, but got them done on holidays so thats no help. One of my good friends got her tatoo in MAGIC on O'Connell st, and it came out very well, its been 2 weeks and its perfectly healed and the colour isnt faded and looks great. he gave her the name of creams for helping with the pain, healing etc. GOTHIC, on Gladstone st, is my favourite place in clonmel because i know a few people who got both tattoos and piercings, and they said it was painfree and the tatoo artist was very nice and gave them a card with the healing cream and were to get it. i would reccommend both these pllaces. i got a tatoo done about 2 years ago in THE MALL, and it was crap! :mad: please DO NOT GO THERE! but the best place i can reccommend is JMD's in waterford, clean, hygienc and displays all his certs for his work! hope that helps :D

The guy in Gothic is the same guy that was based in the Mall is he not? He moved from the mall to Gladstone st, I thought??

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭caitrionaanne

The fella Who does the tattoos in Gothic used to be in the O Connell Mall but moved a few months ago to above permanent TSB. He is a nice chap but donnt think they're that hygenic up there. When that parlour first opened in the Mall a Polish guy used to do the tattoos but that was about 2 years ago.
    I havent heard anything about the tattoo place down at the westgate but ill let ya knw when i do
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 **Emo!!**

I dont know anyone who got tatoos there but i do know people who got piercings in both the one beside mirians and in the mall. Whoever operates in the one near the west gate (Marians) doesn't speak english or very little anyway, my friend got her nose pierced there and he pierced it through a blood vessel. I have heard many similar bad reports about the place. As for the place in the mall avoid it! Couple of people got their bellybuttons pierced there and he botched most of them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 conartist

The guy in Gothic skinart, Gladstone St. is an amateur at best. I recently got a tattoo there. It is lopsided, uneven, patchy, misshapen, parts missing and to make it worse the ink ran. He overcharges, uses inferior inks, cant draw. DO NOT USE THIS GUY!!!!!! EVER!!!!!

The artist by the westgate is polish & speaks very little english however this does not affect his work in any way. I got 2 tattoos done there (1 tribal, 1 celtic) and in my opinion they are first rate. He is meticulous in his work and very hygenic. He is very reasonable and does quality work. His brother does the piercing there but I cannot comment on him as i didnt get pierced or know anyone that did. :)

• Advertisement

do you have to make an appointment with these guys or can you walk in off the street and hope for the best that they'll tattoo ya?

I was considering getting korean writing done on my left leg just above the ankle. Can the guy down near the west gate take a picture of these symbols from me, and tattoo em onto me, or do I have to pick a tat from their folio only??

make an appointment, give him your design and he`ll make a few different sizes for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 indians

hi everyone..
    this is magic here ( maciej chęsiak ) from MAGIC'S TATTOO STUDIO IN CLONMEL AND CORK.
    MY LANGUAGE IS LITTLE BETER THEN ON 2005 (: WHEN I JUST OPENED A PLACE. IF U WANT TO SEE pictures of OUR WORK IS A WEB: www.magicStattoostudio.com or u can go for facebook -> maciej chęsiak .. or if you want to look for movies on youtube -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgu2KkcGu7Q <-on this movie im doing tattoo on my self on tattoo convention (:
    or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7DUT6ist3I is graffiti in our waiting room in cork (:
    if anyone need address is :
    magic's tattoo studio
    41 oconnell street
    clonmel
    co.tipperary
    ireland

or

104 oliver plunkett street
    cork
    co.cork
    ireland

my email