Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ross

Options
  • 17-03-2005 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hey there, anyone live in New Ross. If yes, what part?

I live here in New Ross and its is a major sh*thole packed full of scumbags.
    So if anyone has any crap memories of this pathetic excuse for a town, post them on here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Oh god, you actually live near me? That is physically painful. Tell me, who are you?

And Ross isn't that bad. Sure it's got skangers, but where doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Yeah I suppose its not that bad, I was just in a bad mood when I wrote that thread. And I do know who you are, obviously I wont say your name over the net but I do know you and your brother but I dont think you know me

My name is in my wiki, it's public domain knowledge

Yeah but I knew you before boards.ie. You're brother is called Oisin Collins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Omg

• Advertisement

Yes, my are brother is called oisin collins. Amazingly enough, that's also his boards username.

And you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

i spent 5 years in Gcc there ... fond memories mainly.

However it is a shít hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

hello there I'm a ross person.

Hey wanna have some fun?

First lets go set fire to something that doesn't make a profit... Oh like the second hand clothes shop, then we'll burn the recycling bins to ashes because that'll be really productive!! Now what... Oh look! There's an old sofa f*cked down behind the swimming pool, lets drag it up outside the library and burn it after a good long sniff of the spray paint we just chucked all over the place.

Now that all my matches are gone and I've broken every window I can see, I must run because its my confirmation today oh I hope the oul lad in the hat doesn't notice I'm 6 months pregnant.

God what a sh*t hole stupid f*ckin ross :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

By the way does the name "Sr Maureen" mean anything to anyone here.

Yeah I think she used to teach in St. Josephs didn't she?

Thta's a good plan you have there. What part of Ross do you live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

lived in the maudlins, pondfields (**** HOLE), rosbercon, pondfields again (GOD SAVE MY SOUL) south knock and then the family packed up and cleared out to the bright lights of wexford town yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The fathers side of family lived in New Ross before seeing sense moving to Waterford shortly after my father was born! From what they say it was a nice place, they lived up by the graveyard though? Was that a nice area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Well the good news for NR is that it seems to be one scumbag less - but NR's gain is Wexford's loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

I'm about 20 minutes drive from Ross, and truly, I hate even having to drive thru it sometimes...

Went to secondary in the CBS, nowadays the only thing I head in there for is if I have a serious computer problem , I know a guy near the theatre who's quite nifty at sortin em out.

The only good thing I've noticed in there -apart from that guy's place- in the last....well, ever actually, is that PC place near the credit union that sells old pcs. Saw a girl workin in there once; I'd ask out if I saw her again actually :) the only thing is...I'd have to be in NR to ask her out...hmm, tis a tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

I've been in Ross a few times and it's a bit rough alright, still had a good time though. I was out around Ballyanne and Ballywilliam too, it was like going back in time.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 girlgonerong

ive lived in ross 4 ages n it gets more ****in boarin everyday!!!! de only gud ting is water skiin bt de barrow is ****in horrible 2 ski in ahhhh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭In_the_sea

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Hey there, anyone live in New Ross. If yes, what part?

I live here in New Ross and its is a major sh*thole packed full of scumbags.
    So if anyone has any crap memories of this pathetic excuse for a town, post them on here

New Ross is a town...sur its like every other town..no point in moanin about it.I got friends in New Ross/Enniscorthy and Wexford..and mostly rural areas but sur they#re all towns...Wexford county is nice in general..i am going to praise it of course...I dont think you should put it down! Its not a bad town really its just neglected a lot and needs new things to be put into it! I dont understand why some many people criticise new ross! sur find something else to complain about! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ocallagr

New Ross is on the way up just give it a bit of time. Scumbag is a relative term, I grew up in Tallaght when it was at it's "worst" and trust me the "scum" in Ross are playing bad non-league compared to the Premiership. :mad:

It is definitely one of the most neglected towns in the country and is run by a small group who appear to run everything. In my view this existing group has done everything it can to keep the town in their pockets and have not allowed it to modernise, but they are now loosing out big time.

Since moving here 7 years ago it has improved no end (not that I am claiming responsibility for this) so don't be too hard on it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

I live about half hour from New Ross in rural Wexford. I wonder if anyone at all on here is familiar with Irishtown?

I am desperately searching for a relative's grave which is located at the cemetary at the top of the hill there.

There are three family names that I am ardently seeking who are also related to the person whose grave I am searching for and it would mean a lot to me to have even the most basic contact with them, if only to gain the location of the grave.

The Cemetary is huge and the inscriptions on many of the old headstones are not legible.

The families in question, who could possibly provide the information I seek are respectfully; the Ryans, Carletons and Reeves.

Should there be any concerns regarding my authenticity, I can of course supply the necessary documentation to prove my relation to the person whose grave am seeking to visit, so if anyone can guide me to any member of the above mentioned families, I would be delighted for them to PM me on here please.
    If this should not prove possible, perhaps someone could advise me on the best course of action regarding the locating of relatives graves, i.e. Church Records.

Many thanks in anticipation of help with this inquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Schectercustom

Can anybody give new updates on living in new ross? Thinking of a house in Belleville which seems nice. Any updates welcome

Advertisement