Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion Box

Options
  • 06-10-2004 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

just thought id make a new thread for peoples ideas on what they want to do in the society!!!
    if you think of anything then put it in here!!

thanks
    sarah!!!! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sean McConn

:D Sarah did a bit of work last night CafeNet have agreed to do the Competion with us am will help with the setting up of any thing so they might even do the posters and stuff!!! they were saying alien ware might even sponser some prize and the will contact the for us!!!!! as wiht the educton side of thing i will be checking if i can get space within the college server so member can download OpenSource Software with out effectin the download time of any of the other computers! i thing thats it but i have also a few people who want to join the Club/Society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sawah

thats great...but we shall do our own posters etc, after all thats why we have the PR guys...

as for your friends who want to join, thats great...just pm me their names email add's n mobile no's....iill send them all emails with details etc

my golly, does nobody have any suggestions??
    really if there is anything you wana do then please please let us know!!its the only way things will get done!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

put firefox on all of the computers in the college. IE is crap for browsing.

tell the admin that, not me!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

dawballz wrote:
    Install it yourself and than you have your problem sorted. Once you install it to the c drive it will stay their and you wont need to do it again. Thats what happened in our lab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vella_x

What does the comp soc do??
    I desperatley need help with VB.......

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Elfman

Alright little pixie girl

i think q-Basic should be burmed
    i would also like a demenstration on building your own computer . that'd be cool and a fort year should do ,y single project (has neone met someone from fourth yr software... do they really exsit or is it just a myth)

Elfman wrote:
    i think q-Basic should be burmed
    i would also like a demenstration on building your own computer

We all think that about q-basic.
    As for a demonstration it's been suggested before but its a bit late to try get anyone to do anything like that, specially with EXAMS starting on May 5th!!! But I'll do my best....And at the moment on eof the guys is trying to organise setting up a website so if you would like to help out please do!!!Or at least suggest some things that we could do with it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

dawballz wrote:

Firefox is now on the Enginnering computer rooms GB501 GB507, the CS dept are planning on putting it on throughout the college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

As a graduate of both GMIT castlebar and Galway Softwre dev.

Willin to offer a hand here and there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

From what i see in posts a little help for students who need help might be a good idea ????

Software developement is tough for students who didnt grow up with a keyboard in hand.

Advertisement