Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request]Portable book light in Cork

Options
  • 21-12-2004 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

My sister is looking for a little portable, battery-powered light that you can clip onto your book. She has seen one by "Science Museum" in the Argos catalogue (somewhere around page 970), but typically for Argos in Cork, they're out of stock. I've tried Brown Thomas, and Spectra on Pana, as I know they sell Science Musuem stuff, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas of where else to look? It doesn't have to be that exact brand, anything close will do.

This is the specific light

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

I was in Argos yesterday myself trying to get 2 of them. I was told that Easons might have a similar thing but nearly twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I remember getting one somewhere a while back, I can't remember where exactly right now, if I remember I'll tell you. I think it was in a camera/gimmicky type shop tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I picked up the one in Eason's today. It is twice the price at E15. And i don't like paying over the odds, but what choice do you have at Christmas when someone wants it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Doh. I'm pretty sure Vibes n Scribes have these sort of things for about 7 euro, but tis too late now...

Now he tells me... :)

Cheers anyway

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Don't forget we have two Argos now - the code for Blackpool is 801...

Dammit, I'd forgotten that, however, I have no easy way out there

Advertisement