Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Weather Forecaster?

• 15-11-2004 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Okies....

Simple enough... do you like "just the facts" or "well timed" delievery?

Who is your favourite, across all channels and why?

Then we might run a poll.... :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Facts please from either a meterologist or one of the TG4 girls..
    I like the extra bits like wind chill / % of monthly rain / growing days
    I don't like the ones where they give the forecast for europe with a quick reference to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Facts first and last. Most forecasts seem to be scripted on the assumption no-one is interested in the weather beyond one word concepts like dry/wet/hot/cold.

TV3/ITV worst TG4 seems to be quite detailed, trouble is I cant understand a word they say! The Sunday weekly review/forecast on RTE1 and BBC1 are the best prolly.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I was thinking more who is the best forecaster/presenter, rather than best channel for info or pleasure.

Carol Kirkwood or Gerald Fleming? Jack Scott or Ian Macaskill? The decision is yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh sorry! For the facts you cant beat Evelyn Cusack but I have a soft spot for yer one who nearly always ends up taking a gulp of air at some point in the broadcast, you know the one. Jean Byrne.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

DMC wrote:
    I was thinking more who is the best forecaster/presenter, rather than best channel for info or pleasure.

Carol Kirkwood or Gerald Fleming? Jack Scott or Ian Macaskill? The decision is yours!

It's got to be Gerald Fleming and the way he might wink at ya!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

byrnej.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

So long as it's not Sian Lloyd or Martin whasisname ("Big happy 3rd farting anniversary to Sinéad in Ballygobackwards") I'm happy, but most of the BBC and *gasp* RTÉ forecasters are grand, and of course we can't leave out the Aimsir Caliní on TG4 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

You guys are all gay, obviously the answer is Lisa Burke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Damn, you beat me to it - yes, LISA BURKE is the grandest of them all! And a fine Laois Lass she is too!

Advertisement