Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D'weather

Options
  • 28-10-2004 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

I know it's a horribly old woman thing to talk about, but I'm not at home so I want to know. How much of Waterford/Wexford/South Tipp got utterly mashed last night? Does anyone know if Passage East is underwater yet again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

To be honest Fozzle I think the South East didn't fair too bad in the storm, seems like Cork was the worst hit!! The storm didn't seem to be as powerful up here as they said it was going to be :(

Wexford Quays flooded so a few shops were under a couple of feet of water, New Ross and Waterford too but the tide has turned now so they are now passable I think!!!

Sorry didn't hear anything about Passage East.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

parts of Dungarvan are under 3 foot of water according to the radio :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Yeah and the footbridge was swept away apparently!! Looks like South Waterford got a walloping too!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jeez, 3 feet of water in Dungarvan.. :eek:

The quays in Waterford always get a hammering.. years ago the water used
    to come back up the sewerage pipes and flood all the premises along the keys
    from the inside out.. awful mess when that used to happen..

Passage East probably got flooded due to the river tides rising bigtime..

Tox

thats not all, sea wall swept away and of course the boat on a road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Wasn't too bad here at all. Yesterday evening was mad though. The breeze was v strong. I was soaked trying to push my son in his buggy and carry my umbrella in the other hand. I was like a lunatic trying to steer the buggy without being blown out onto the road.

Fozzle - havn't a clue about Passage - sorry.

Mossy - when was the boat on the road - cant remember that. But do you remember when Tramore Amusement Park got flooded they were going around in pedal boats in the park I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the road between clonmel and waterford have big 'puddles' on them, making driving difficult, plus with the lashing rain, makes seeing anything else on the road quite difficult.

climaxer wrote:
    Mossy - when was the boat on the road - cant remember that. But do you remember when Tramore Amusement Park got flooded they were going around in pedal boats in the park I think!

i really dont know when seeing as i dont live there anymore but my mother was telling me she saw a boat on the road near the river

also i dont think i have ever heard about that happening in Tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Mossy Monk wrote:
    thats not all, sea wall swept away and of course the boat on a road

Where? Jeez, we're whinging about the wind and debris and the odd few inches in some areas, but we've nothing like ye! I don't think I'll be attempting the trip home this weekend... :confused:
    The quays in Waterford always get a hammering.. years ago the water used
    to come back up the sewerage pipes and flood all the premises along the keys
    from the inside out.. awful mess when that used to happen..
    Argh, don't I know it, I've had to try clean up a place on William Street on occasion, the joy of being below street level!

fozzle wrote:
    Where? Jeez, we're whinging about the wind and debris and the odd few inches in some areas, but we've nothing like ye! I don't think I'll be attempting the trip home this weekend... :confused:

Dungarvan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Weather was terrible all right! I live on a hill, so thankfully the water went down, although our roof's were leaking terribly (old slate = ****).

I saw the Quay on the TV and woah! It was wrecked, cars abandoned etc.

Hope it doesnt get worse throughout the winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

house got flodded :( me and housemates are all going back to mammy and daddy for the week, till the place gets cleaned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

remind me to never ever drive a scooter in that weather again , it was terrible i relly thought i was going to go flying , there was some wind there wednesday evening i think it was , holy sh*t like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

nearly anywhere along the suir in clonmel and surrounding towns and villages got hit fairly badly!!! it was really funny watching muppet after muppet driving through the flood and stalling their engines!!! i wouldnt mind people driving through puddles but some people were going through floods about 3 foot deep in places hoping to get through

i heard a similar story about some muppet who thought he'd take on a flood down by Tescos resulting in the fire brigade saving him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

LOL i love laughing at other peoples misfortunes!!!

Advertisement