Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraoi

Options
  • 23-07-2004 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭

Its gonna be a great one this year! The line up is deadly, the floats and costumes for the parade are top notch as always. The brouchere's have been printed. Lets get it on!!!

the times of bands etc are now online

http://www.spraoi.com/04.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The novelty of Spraoi has worn away these past few years.

Needless to say, I NEVER miss this Sunday night parade!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

Finally, for the first time in many many years, I'm not working during the spraoi so I can go out and enjoy everything. Saw some funneh acts this evening, but looking forward to more. :)

Anybody heard anything about the Spraoi Club in the Forum. Think it will be busy or just the usual crazy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

spent 8 hours in town yesterday with a few friends and a hoaard of kids, have to say I was highly entertained, some great acts, much much better than years gone by.
    I laughed so hard at the coneheads and there's a great comedian doing the rounds (bill fisher methinks, check out the name) must be seen.

Well what can I say?

The fireworks were absolutely top-notch. The best I've seen in years!

And yes I went straight home and posted this :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Well what can I say?

The fireworks were absolutely top-notch. The best I've seen in years!

And yes I went straight home and posted this :D

Pitty the town was full of 14-16 your old with cans of dutch muck. Its ridiculas that they can get away with it in public just because the festival is on.

Is it my imagination or does spraoi attract every scumbag withing 100 miles?

Fireworks were very good as was the parade.

• Advertisement

Last night would have been the ideal night to rob a house :O

One of the gardaì got hit in the head with one of those bouncy balls that people were passing around opposite the AIB (where I was standing).

Was that R.I.O.T who were on that float shaped like a rotting human? I thought that they were pretty decent and could go far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Last night would have been the ideal night to rob a house :O

lots of people at home up around the where i live. maybe we are just a bunch of tired anti social misfits

stupid bus took forever to get to the station
    damn spraoi :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Another fantastic Spraoi. Have to say I enjoyed doing the parade this year more than any other. Fireworks were top notch altogether. Great to see all the crowds out and all the comments afterwards as I walked back in my costume were very complimentary.

Hope ye all had a great weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

best august bank holiday weekend in years.
    weather was perfect, the sun was hot, the beer was cold, the entertainment was top class, the carnival on sunday night was as good as ever (although a bit short) and the fireworks always a great way to end brilliant weekend. The kids and adults all happy now.

(always glad I live in waterford at this time of the year)
    My regards to all at Spraoi.

They reckon that over 60,000 people NOT from Waterford came down for the weekend, some from as far as America specifically for Spraoi!

Next year is going to be a lot beter for the tourist industry in Waterford with the tall ship's race starting in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Next year is going to be a lot beter for the tourist industry in Waterford with the tall ship's race starting in Waterford.

Yeah they are quoting expected attendence figures of 500,000 people.

Apparently the whole city centre is going to be traffic free with only taxi's
    and shuttle buses allowed into it.. should be pretty amazing if they manage
    to pull it all off..

So better book me hols for those days as there wont be much work done, just
    loadsa drinkin.. :D

Tox

Advertisement