Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"the best dublin pub in wexford"

Options
  • 10-05-2004 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

anyone who knows courtown in wexford will know the pub formally known as skippers is now called the DB and has the slogan "the best dublin pub in wexford", now been a wexford man through and through this makes my blood boil, this pub could be soon fire bombed

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Bit of a strange one alright and one good way alienate the locals.. :rolleyes:

Hes obviously out to make a quick buck from all the dubs that go to Courtown on
    hols during the summer and spend their time in the pub...

Probably be back to Skippers by the end of Sept when they are all gone..

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

well he aint even making a quick buck he has one of the best clubs in the south east (third only to the foundary and south) and it is just laying idle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by spanner
    well he aint even making a quick buck he has one of the best clubs in the south east (third only to the foundary and south) and it is just laying idle

Comparing anything to South is bad. It's ****e!

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    Comparing anything to South is bad. It's ****e!

fair enough it aint ketted out for a proper club but when they get a big name in its some atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

well you go to spain and its irish pubs everywhere.

south is only good for discos therfore probably good as a nightclub but no good for live bands. forum or shefflins way better.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kano476
    well you go to spain and its irish pubs everywhere.

south is only good for discos therfore probably good as a nightclub but no good for live bands. forum or shefflins way better.

well i am sure the spainish aint to happy with drunken irish and all the antics that they are at. I dont care that they come down with all their money and i would more than anything welcome dublin people down to wexford for holidays or to live, but i cant stand putting a sign up like that in front of a wexford pub.

forum and sheffins are pretty cool but by far and away the best nite club in the south east is the foundary/tower in carlow

Advertisement