Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Orson Scott Card

• 27-09-1999 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

The 4th one is no way weak Trojan and it ties everything up nicely so u gotta read it. OSC has a new one out called Enders Shadow which is basically Enders game written from Bean's point of view. Sounds a bit urghh, but reviews are excellent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The criticisms I've heard of #4 is that Jane is capable of solving all the problems which arise and sorts everything out, which would tend to be a bit boring! smile.gif

That book sounds interesting, how much of the story does he tell? Does he go from Bean going to battle sch. up to the end of the invasion of the planetoid thingy by the Russians, or further on than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Check it out at www.hatrack.com (his homepage)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Anyone read this guy. Just finished the 4th book in the Ender saga.

Enders game - Excellent
    Speaker for the dead - Excellent
    Xenocide - Excellent
    Children of the mind - Excellent

One of the best SF writers I have ever read. I wish I could have this guys brain. (er not to eat or anything - just to use for a while.)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yeap, see what I said in other thread.

Al.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Just finished Ender's game today and I'd heartly recommend it. Can't wait to start on Speaker of the Dead tonight.

Launchie Draco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 djjdomahony

brilliant series - enders game is defo the best .... try out his pathfinder series - the first book in that is soo good aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Surely this is a record? Resurrecting a thread from the last millennium :D

Advertisement