Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which sides arguments has been put best?

Options
  • 21-04-2004 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭

Hi,

leaving aside the rights and wrongs and opinions, i think that based on first posts, the 'pro smoking' lobby are not doing as well.

I felt that Irish1 and Hembane didnt ge their point accros logically, whereas i felt that all of the ''pro status-quo' debators were very clear and logical in their approaches.

anyone agree or disagree

X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think Fitz is making some good points for the no-compromise camp and generally their side seems to have an edge.
    The pro arguement seems to a bit flimsey, hinging on air conditioning and allowing family run pub owners to risk the health of their family just so a few auld boys can smoke at the bar. henbane made the point that people are loosing thier jobs because of this ban, I'd like to know where. I was out last weekend and on both Saturday and Sunday night my local was packed to the front door, so much so that my brother couldn't even get outside for a cigarette and so didn't bother smoking. I know it was a bank holiday weekend and this will always get a good crowd out, but if the smokers can put up with it then, surely they can on any other night too.

Some of both sides arguement is getting silly, there's a bit of tit-for-tat going on and some strange analogies have been made, but I still think the no-comp side are faring better.

Advertisement