Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grassroots Enduro 2024

Options
  • 05-11-2023 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

So the dates and venues have been announced for next year's grassroots enduro.

Some new venues for the coming year as well.

5 venues starting on April 28th

Round 1 April 28th Hush mbt

Round 2 May 26th Northwest mbc Sligo

Round 3 June 30th Mullaghmeen mbc

Round 4 Sept 15th Clonmel mbc

Round 5 Oct 6th Rebel mbc.

Looking forward to doing a few of them anyway,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Did my first Gravity event this year, so keen to do my first Grassroots in 2024 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Greats . Which of the rounds are you thinking of doing

Try and get to Hush to begin with to see what I think, if all goes well then I'll get to as many of the rest as I can. Dates didn't really suit this year with my work pattern so I'm hoping next year will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,240 ✭✭✭prunudo

Hush will sell out in minutes. First race of the season combined with the weather this year will mean people have unfinished business there.

To be fair I'd say they'll all sell out, some quicker than others. Most sold out in less than 10 minutes last year.

The weather was particularly bad for Mullaghmeen as well.

• Advertisement

I'd like to race Hush myself with it being local, but I'll have to get more competitive, I've gone very recreational in my riding this year.

Or knowing when to cut your losses, and age semi gracefully in mediocracy 😂

Heads up that Grassroots for Hush 28th April, goes on sale next Monday, 8th April at 9pm.

Thanks. Not sure if I can make it to this, hopefully I'll know more before next Monday

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get to Hush. I did see that it sold out in 5 or 6 minutes though. Great to see that the demand is still so good for the Grassroots.

Unfortunately I'm not going to get to the next round in Union Woods in Sligo. I see that entries are still available for it. 1st grassroots that didn't sell out super fast, I wonder if the venue had something to do with it. I know a few down my way said they're it going because of the travel involved.

I believe Hush was a fantastic race, anyone form these parts do it?

Hush was fantastic, couldn't have asked for a better day, especially the washout last September.

Still places left for next round as far as I know. Actually wouldn't mind doing it, have heard good reports about Union Woods in the past.

I would have to do it as an over nighter though, and not really in a position to do that at present. And in reality, if down that way, it be shame not to try out Coolaney in the same trip.

Possibly an odd question, but anyway. I understand that there's a practice ban in place for a period of time before a race to allow time for stage marking, and not tear the place up prior to race day - but what's the story with regards walking the stages? Is it frowned upon, against any rules, or considered bad etiquette? I'll be doing an overnight stay for Sligo which means I'll be in the area tomorrow. As I've never ridden there before I was thinking of walking the place to get a feel for it, but don't want to doing anything that might go against the rules.

I don't think there is any issue walking the stages before hand. You could even offer the give them a hand taping 😉🤣

afaik, walking them is okay, unless it varies from club to club.

Be happy to if I'm there early enough 🙂

I ended up messaging them on Facebook after posting here, and they confirmed there's no problem at all. Taping is due to start around 2pm so if I'm finished in Coolaney (be rude not to stop in when up this far 😉), and over there early enough, then I'll definitely offer a hand.

Best of luck to you. Hope it's a great weekend, going by the weather forecast it might be a bit damp out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Wailin

How did you get on TD? Weather didn't play ball I'm guessing?

I know it's it a GR event

But I see that the trail map is now up for the Gravity in Clonmel.

Just under 26k and approx 1000m.

They are using both sides if the of the hill which will give some great variety of trails. Some great trails including full Champs and Da long Wan which is approx 2k in length, will certainly make it a physical day..

Anyone planning on racing either mash up or the classic?

https://gravityenduro.ie/clonmel/

• Advertisement

Sorry, not been on in a few days.

Weather was backwards - all forecasts said it'd be dry till lunch, then rain for the afternoon, and it was the opposite. Wasn't bad though as most of the stages were under heavy tree cover so only got a little wet and that evaporated with exertion.

3 short but enjoyable stages - think winning times were all just under 2mins. Plenty lòam, roots and rocks - almost all natural and next to nothing trail-centery. I was well out of my comfort zone, but its only by don't this stuff that I'll ever improve. So I did each stage twice, improved each time and was out the gap by 2pm (I had a 4 hour drive ahead of me).

I'd definitely do another, though I think I'm working for Mullaghmeen so hopefully I can do the one after.

I've entered the E-Bike Classic on the Sunday. Gonna be interesting now they've merged the 2 old categories into 1. Wondering will I beconserving battery between stages as I don't have a second to be going boost everywhere. I might do the mash-up too since I'll be there for practice Saturday anyway, but not sure if I wanna cough up another €55 for it.

2️⃣ E-Bike Classic on Sunday:

For Clonmel = Stage 1, 3, 5 twice + stage 2, 4, 6 once + Power Stage.So, 10 stages in total, no repeats.
    Please do stages 1, 1, 2, Power, 3, 3, before heading to 4.

🔋Note: There are no restrictions on swapping batteries or battery sizes

I suppose it will depend on you battery capacity. I'm reading it that that classic is 26k for 6 stages, so you can add on a fair bit to do 10 stages which will include the power stage. The stage number order isn't post yet so I'm none the wiser to how long they are for the mash up. In terms of stage length /duration they will vary a bit, 2 of the stages should be between 90 to 120 seconds and the longest stage "Da long wan" is 1.95k and will be somewhere close to 6 mins. (of course this depends on how fast you are). This is a savage good stage with a huge variety of some very fast sections and some slower tech stuff, but it's not steep. (but I'm particularly bias as I build 90% of it) 🤣.

Advertisement