Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss doesn't pay on time

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

This, SO is easiest, and it can then be changed if your tax credits change.

Ask him politely, if he is that busy, set up a standing order and if there are alterations due to tax, it can be changed afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭bullpost

Had similar. Eventually company let most people go. Its a warning sign. dust down CV and look for a new job but hold on to present one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Contact Revenue and check that tax is being paid for you.

Also check your PRSI credits with Welfare (there's something in my head about there can be a systematic delay on these ... can't remember details)

Best of luck with the job hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ella108

Another update: I haven't received the salary again for the past month I have worked (no holidays, was on time every working day of the month etc no reason for him to not pay me on time really). I am expecting I'll be paid and that it is being delayed for no reason again

I have finally resigned from this job I handed my resignation letter however I have been offered part time role which I have taken into consideration mainly because I currently have no job offer on hand and it will give me sometime to look for other jobs etc….

I do feel a bit relieved that I wont be working in those conditions again and based on what follows I will decide whether I stay even for part time role or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭wench

Is the part time role with the same employer?
    If you're the only employee, where will all the rest of the work go? You'll end up with less hours to get everything done, and likely still won't get paid on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,331 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

If he wouldn't pay a full-time worker on time, why would we expect him to pay a part-timer on time?

Take the part-time role, because you might as well have it while you're looking for a job. But start looking for a job now, and look as hard as you would if you were unemployed. Don't tell yourself that you'll wait to see how this role works out, because you already know how it's going to work out.

Advertisement