Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Lancashire-lad

The coal warehouse have extended the free delivery to north and southern Ireland, special offer to this Friday.

You can purchase 50 x 20kg smokeless ovoid for £385 including delivery.

https://www.coalwarehouse.co.uk/collections/all

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭shalom

Does this come in bags? Has anyone else got it ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

loads of people have used this company over the years and it comes in bags yes, they have a chat function on the website too

Personally I’ve not used them I always went with easyglow but they are much the same tbh, the odd crap load will turn up but if you get that be sure to complain but it’s mostly positive reviews I’ve read here

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭shalom

Thanks @OmegaGene . I for once have the money, the storage and this would cover me for over 2 years. Thanks for taking the time to reply and I wish you a good weekend.

no problem, if you have the money and storage space you might as well secure it at that price, who knows what could happen around the world which impacts the price very quickly, free delivery is a great saving too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I had the Coal Warehouse ovoids a number of years ago (5 or so) and it was decent.

Perhaps someone can comment on the current quality.

Post edited by Bobeagleburger on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

This is best stored indoors or covered. The bags will perish if left exposed to the elements. Also I have noticed it is best to use the coal in circa 2 years after that it tends to get quite dusty and slightly brittle.

Easy glow special offers.

Clearance Sale: Get Free Logs with Every Pallet and Half Pallet Ordered!

Our Clearance Sale is happening! For a limited time only, we're offering an unbeatable deal to stock up for the coming months.

Get 4 free bags of logs with every full pallet ordered!
    Plus, enjoy 2 free bags of logs with every half pallet ordered!

Use the code FREELOGS at checkout.

But act fast – this offer is only available while stocks last! Don't miss out on the chance to stock up on fuel and receive free logs to enhance your home heating experience.

Hi please may I enquiry what feedback you got from the Lady at Easyglow.

when you sent back 4 ovids for testing

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Absolutely zero response

• Advertisement

Hi thank you for your reply. I am sorry they did not response to you sending the smokeless ovoid for testing.

If you have time please could you ring them and find out why. Thanks

If about time smokeless coal manufacturer started to treat consumer with some respect.

To start with they should be made to print on there package the following information. To help us choose

what the Ovoid's are made of and in what percentage.

The ash percentage.

The calorific values of the smokeless coal.

Sulphur content

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1521046097948030/permalink/7767672403285337/?sale_post_id=7767672403285337&mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Coal warehouse is offering free delivery again.

Coal warehouse new price list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

can anyone comment on the smokeless ovoids in coal warehouse in comparison to the easyglow ones, or could they compare against the rest, i have been buying locally the last year but the ash it leaves behind is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

No difference in price from there last price update just that there's free delivery

fuel prices won’t change at this time of year its old stock being cleared with free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So, with all the valuable knowledge here, when's going to be the best time to buy for next winter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭wassie

Typical seasonal pricing on coal was thrown out the door with Covid & inflation. Retail prices last year did not fall in any way proportionately to the drops wholesale price drops. There were small price drops in May/June last year, but nothing really significant thereafter.

In previous years, the end of summer would be a good time to buy. I waited all last summer and prices didn't drop for Columbian. I ended up ordering in 1st week of October out of necessity.

We may start to a return to seasonal pricing this year, but its anyones guess. So best time to buy - whenever it goes on sale.

Hi on the 24 April, the last time they did free delivery. I payed £387.00 for a ton of smokeless ovoid. I just check on the websites and the price is now £384.00.

Plus if they delivery to southern Ireland they have to pay the new carbon tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

A tonne of ovoids delivered for €450 is decent. Can anyone beat that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Grahamknowles

Placed an order myself this morning too. There's no knowing what way the price will go so decided to take this offer

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭OnLooker

I got it for €440 a tonne. They have me a discount as I ordered 2 tonnes.

i ordered a tonne too on tuesday, still no sign of delivery tho

Hi @taytobreath have your delivery from the coal warehouse been delivered yet ? They where very quick with my order.

thanks

Smokeless coal express are having a sale again !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keith1111

How does everyone store there coal outside currently I have plastic sheet over mine against back wall but when it rains water gattars on top on and went to fill coal bunker and noticed some coal was wet. Now not sure from the rain or delivery. And also how long is coal good for stored outside I have enough for this year and probably next year but if I see a good price I don't mind getting more.

Hi coal it best stored in a bunker. It will sweat in the bags. If you look on FB marketplace their are usually coal bunker going cheap. Plastic is usually the better tgan metal bunker soon start to rust.

From personal experience I would not buy anymore coal now. But the choice is yours

• Advertisement

Good hope it not raining for you. When the wagon turn up

Advertisement