Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options
1150151152153154156»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Looking for recommendations for grabbing some lunch in Naas and where would have the best Guinness.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,846 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

33 South main do some nice food and the Guinness isn't too bad.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Are there any Doctors in Naas taking on new patients (not mydocs)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭pad199207

That bus route that runs from Punchestown to Sallins Train Station.

Is it available to anybody to use or is it just for Ukrainians?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hey folks, does anyone know do you need your own lock for the lockers in the K Leisure changing rooms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭jasonb

Nope, you don't need a lock, but you need a €1 coin. You put it in the slot and lock the door on the locker and take the key out. You get the €1 back when you unlock the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Brill, thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

no harm keeping an eye out over coming days - they’ve done Newbridge and Maynooth recently - I got stung for a decent pair of sunglasses last year the very night I forgot to lock the car door- happens rarely - not a bad idea to check your car for valuables - when they’re gone they’re gone

https://m.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/sinister-moment-masked-gang-caught-checking-for-unlocked-cars-in-housing-estate/a267202898.html

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tomrota

I urge anyone who uses the train at Sallins/ Newbridge/ Celbridge to sign this public consultation which closes tonight - https://www.irishrail.ie/en-ie/news/timetable-consultation-2024

The proposal is to remove stops at Grand Canal dock, pearse, and Tara on the Newbridge/Celbridge to Grand Canal Dock service.

For Naas commuters in particular, who already have to make a connection at Celbridge for this service, will have to make an additional connection at Connolly to go any further, disrupting hundreds of workers journey pathways.

For me personally, this will be the icing on the cake to start driving to work again if these plans go through. I can’t spend yet even more hours on public transport every day. The service at Naas/ Sallins should be improving, not regressing.

If you know anyone who takes this train service, I’d recommend signing the consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭JVince

so you will now drive because there's a quick connection you might have to make in connolly on some (not all) services. The arrival time in GCD/Sallins is about 4 minutes difference.

Frankly very little of your post is actually truthful and you've picked a couple of minor changes and have tried to catastrophise them into something they simply are not. From Sallins, the 6.18 & 7.27 see no changes. The 7.02 & 9.17 service sees a quick change and arrival 4 minutes later than current.

The 6.57, 8.18 & 8.34 from hazelhatch sees no change (or later services). In fact the only hazelhatch changes are late in the day from 15.55pm

On the return, 4 of the 4pm-6pm services have a change at Connolly (40 seconds) and you will get to Sallins 3-5minlater than currently.

Hardly a reason to suddenly drive and spend far far more time battling the daily traffic and the average €10 a day fuel cost for the return journey?

• Advertisement
Advertisement