Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

I’d change de wallpaper when I’d get there if I were he.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,212 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭Tow

De wallpaper was in fashion when my grandparents were Chisslers, so to speak.

Joe maybe jetsetting around de wurld to visit de three twins.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Auld Joe ways of describing your fellow man:

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Where's Fathead?

Back on the Belfast buses or become the 49th Stardust victim?

• Advertisement

KAY TEA

Surviving sepsis, or not, from Friday.

Have you ever climbed Croagh Patrick: new path built by locals. Is it not too easy to get Indulgences? Is Lough Derg still part of the Oirish way?

Louie Bennet, do you know about her? Do call, also about other remarkable women.

5 cent for a paper bag, Whoy when you are doing advertising for them carrying around der logo? Whoy?

Post edited by tohaltuwi on

Kay Tee,

Surviving Sepsis: More misery from last week.

Climbing Croke Patrick: Too easy with de nice path.

New bench: Louie Bennett. Is de bould Bertie still opening benches?

Eason: Extra 5 cent for a paper bag. Must be to pay for de Tubs Podcast and 150k owed back to de tax payer.

my mother, who went to first ever Gaelscoil, used the word Omadon to describe dull-brained men. Don’t ever recall her assigning dull thinking to women, for some reason 🤔

Post edited by tohaltuwi on

some more Oirish slang I used to hear my parents sometimes used. Both were fashion lovers in their time. My mother is particular used the term “Mary Hick” to describe one or two people she knew who dressed very drably. When I was a younger chiseler I didn’t realise it was an insult, but a fashion brand name, and as I grew up in a house where clothes were discussed quite a lot (my mother had her own clothing business too), I used to bring this talk outside my home a tiny bit. Enough to remark to ask one of the neighbours “Is that a Mary Hick garment? Only my mother said you wear a lot of Mary Hick clothes”. It didn’t go down well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

• Registered Users Posts: 14,886 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Denis de Menace wants Eason's to burn down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭calculator

Easons? Is it 1990?

Man is told it's 5 cents for a paper bag

Man buys paper bag.

Cool story brah

• Registered Users Posts: 39,100 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Get your hands in your pockets and pay for the bags, you tight git.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Eason's charging 5 cent per paper bag, to help pay for Ryan Turbidity podcast.

I love the way he's aggrieved the second time, secondary shock or something 😁

Man wants trees to die out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭squonk

Easons closed by 3pm!

'We'll get onto them….'

Hope Easons tell dem to just piss off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Joe is the ultimate evil genius. Every time KT is on, it's pure muck. And to be fair to her, what could you do with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭archfi

Yet more price increases to 'save the wurdild' (plus free advertising for the business)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Paid for it twice…not sure why he didn’t know he was going to be charged the second time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Affairs of the nation.... Shur everyone I meet is on about the price of paper bags

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭squonk

cawlur has a point I’ll grudgingly admit. You’re now making the bag cost neutral to Easons and they get free advertising from the bag and can also virtue signal by way of tge charge.

I'd say dis lad is some gas down de pub

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

5 cent for paper bags warrants a discussion on Liveline but housing crumbling due to defective blocks doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

did he buy the envelope

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭topcat72

BUT, BUT THE CARD SIZED BAGS ARE STILL FREE ?

Advertisement