Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

well within throwing distance she was 6ft of me when I was at the sink

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

From upstairs it's even better, she doesn't see it coming.

Would work over our front door when she walks up our path. 😈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Is.she actually in your front garden/drive/ property??

Or do you have a public path outside the kitchen window?

You could always put pictures of some horrendous stuff in the window for her to look at......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,904 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m home 50 minutes and my neighbours dog is going apeshit barking, yelping and screeching again

Hopefully it tires itself out by the time it gets dark and I can relax, in peace and quiet.

The noisiest inconsiderate gobshîte of a neighbour would have to get the noisiest head melt of a dog….

• Advertisement

It's a weird setup. The garden is communal. The house split in 2 where our "Front" is the back and a path stops in front of our window and just before that a path leads to our front door like a driveway. There is a patch of grass on their side and ours.

To get out our front door to go to the shops we have to walk up their side but we keep that to a minimum because of privacy. We have to pass by 4 windows. They are big windows.

Our back is the main front and garden, the main path splits to their front door and carries on to our back door that is around to the side of the building. We use that if its wet out because we only pass 1 window, we go through the grass otherwise. That path is like the one we would use if we went out our front door, it's right by the windows. The only thing on our side are the smart meters for the power.

It's only fair we keep to our own sides especially when it's right outside the door and windows, and they said the same when we moved in. But our side is their dogs toilet area and our plants have been damaged by her carelessness.

My family do not like it especially my mum when she is still in her dressing gown and someone is standing right outside our windows on purpose like Danny Glick. This thing of her standing in front of our windows is something she does when she is annoyed or trying to get our attention to go out to her, she knows there is cctv in the windows because of late night snooopers. They had no problem with them there. We've had her do it at 22.30 at night and it's got to a point we check the camera before heading out to make sure she's not out there waiting.

I have plant pots in front of our back window on the grass, it's on our side and she will come over and move our stuff. I have never moved anything belonging to them except their chairs when blocking the main path. She does not understand boundaries of any kind. It's something to see and experience to understand.

Jesus, I can't even make out how your neighbourhood is set up!

I will just say, and I know and appreciate most people don't want to get the guards involved, there may be an offence under section 10 of the Non Fatal Offences Against the Person Act. If it gets really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Toilet paper that tears off itself before the acquired amount is reached.

Post edited by blade1 on

That I now have to have 4 bins in the kitchen, and the one with plastic bottles has to be massive cos I can't crumple them 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

my reading glasses never were up to the job so I’ll have to get new ones , or aspeople call them , binoculars 😡

Another TA I’ve found , after my morning coffee , is new rolls of toilet roll where its hard to get it started and comes off in tiny strips .

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Kingslayer

Correct, it was a cardinal sin for ages to wear black shoes with blue jeans like that guy, now suddenly it is on trend. I only ever buy straight cut jeans now and to hell with what is in fashion. Too tight or too loose and jeans look stupid anyway. Not even mentioning the jumper his granny knitted him for his birthday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seeing videos of people wrestling with lions and bears on youtube and thinking there some sort of animal whisperer and "can understand them" and keep them around their other pets such as cats and dogs, so irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

When you double knot your shoe laces too tight and you've just cut your nails so the only way to open the knots is using a ninja throwing star, or other such pointy implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When the Milk Guy in the supermarket takes an interminably long time to re-stock the shelves with fresh tetrapaks. All that was left there were litres with best before dates of 25 April (which was the date on the stuff I bought last Saturday). The stuff on his steel trolley had a date of 3 May.

Went back three times during my shopping trip around Dunnes this morning. Ended up asking him can I open the plastic wrapping myself and take out three litres. He grudgingly said "ok".

My Toaster.

It must be hitting the gym when no one else is around because with the last few weeks several times it's catapulted the toast onto the floor.

Surprised as its about 6 years old so you'd think it would be weaker now if anything.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe it's just angry. Did you hurt its feelings?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Or just maybe it's something else and you need to get yourself a cat

😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

when you have to cut bits off bread slices to fit the toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

when you have to cut bits off bread slices to fit the toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was going to post that I was happy that it's bright and sunny today and no lawnmowers were being used in my earshot. Now there are 3, what is with the compulsive grass cutting in an area that will be underwater in a nanosecond?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Found some unused dog food measures which are beaker-shaped, and tried to donate them to animal charities who say they have enough, no prob with that, ta'ed ppl can't see that they could be used for so many different things esp this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,158 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You've answered your own question.

Sometimes you have to get it cut when it actually dries out, cos it could be wet for another month from the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was using the good weather to put together a bike stand that I bought ages ago. When I finished, I decided to use it to fix a problem on my second bike, the brake disc rubbing. Ideally, you'd hear if it was rubbing, but some goon across the estate decides to mow his lawn. It's a small enough lawn but he's taking ages to do it!

I persisted, unsuccessfully, until some lad visiting a neighbour stopped his car outside my house with the engine running, while he goes two doors up for a chat with my neighbour. Hopefully he's gone now, although I can still hear a lawnmower…

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yep it was.

Similar if you wore socks pulled up with shorts it was a NoNo. Now it's d thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Bl00dy Cloths Pegs.

I don't see why they couldn't make the springs out of stainless steel and the main parts out of UV stabilized plastic.

My wife was out this morning and before she went she said there's some washing at the back door can you hang it out to dry. Well I don't think I'm that heavy handed but of the 20 or so cloths pegs I used the springs dropped out of 2 and on another 4 the plastic bits snapped as a went to use them.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I got some stainless steel ones, only I can't remember if it was in Argos before they closed or in Home Store and More. Or maybe Dunnes? Anyway, they looked like these:

TWO days I've had a blinding sinus headache, attendant by ear flapping, choking and coughing. Now they are all out cutting plants and releasing pollen so I can choke all over again.

It might have overheard me chatting up the microwave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Thanks have them on my Amazon watchlist. Only reason I didn't buy them was that the last thing I got from Amazon that was supposed to be Stainless Steel rusted straight away. If you think there is any chance that they won't rust I'll give them a go.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement