Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭AUDI20

Can we get back to a proper BYD thread now this argument is taking over the whole thread and is not beneficial to other members

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭spakman

I thought the price had dropped 10k or something when I saw all the new posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

So yeah, if anyone finds those paint codes don't hesitate to post.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What paint codes you looking for and where are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Forums are there to engage and talk shop horse. It's lurkers with 17 posts that add nothing...

I’ve found these good over the years. Don’t mind the code in the picture. It’s more to give you the company details. But based on Dublin.

Cheers man. It's appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irish  don

Hi anybody got opinion on Byd seal charging that is topping up charge every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I am overall pretty happy with the car, all things considered, but I will say, the auto headlights are brutal.

Had the same in the i4 and they were seamless, 99.9% of the time they would react as fast, if not faster than me and dip the headlights appropriately.

Was driving home from the airport on N40 and M8 last night and I actually had to turn them back to manual. Continually putting on full beams when traffic was oncoming. Quite annoying and I'm not sure if maybe the sensor was dirty or even faulty but it's the first time I've found them to be unusable.

What's everyone else's experience been driving at night on motorways?

• Advertisement

Great on national routes. Motorways.. depends on the divider tbh. That can be delayed if can't see the other vehicle lights. For me it's probably only 5 to 10 percent where it's slower than I'd like. Over all it's been pretty seamless.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭grumpygit

My last car , a volvo was the same on motorways, had difficulty seeing the lights of cars and trucks coming towards me on the opposite motorway, main difference with the volvo was when i manually dipped, the automatic lights were disabled until i manually put them back to high beam. On the BYD it seems to automatically go back on high beam and ends up blinding the oncoming traffic i had manually dimmed for.

Bigger issue for me is the controls on the stalk. Turned the lights off accidentally when passing a car on the motorway at 115Kph. When activating the indicator I accidentally turned the lights off without knowing it. Luckily it had happened to me previously so I knew what had happened and could turn them back on immediately...so beware , if lights go out while indicating you have hit the switch

Agree on this, if set to auto and I manually dip it should disable auto, that happened 3 times in a row last night (looked like I was then flashing oncoming traffic). Probably isn't something they'd enable via SW since it's a hardware switch.

Seal is long overdue a feature update also at this stage, as is the App.

App suuuucks. Actually the UI sucks on it too. Really amateur app tbh I don't think it's native it seems to be basic cross OS setup

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BrianOgre

Go troll somewhere else clown....Big man behind the keyboard.

Can't really be a troll when I've been contributing to the site (forum) for 16 years fella.

Enjoy your day though. 'Big man behind keyboard'

More like boring people for 16 years. Are you not tired cause everyone else is. Have a day off “fella”.

Your contribution has been excellent keep up this informative forum input. I thank you for your efforts in..... reads notes 19 posts 3 of which were slagging posters in here.

Anyway. Does anyone know is there a break in service? We're over 4000km and it's popped up that service is required in few 100 kms. Wonder is that's a bad setting in maintenance or is this the first check in break in service.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭grumpygit

first service due at 20K or a year. There is a setting in software to program a reminder for it, perhaps 5K set in there in yours

• Advertisement

My sticker says 15k or 1 year, whichever comes first.

Long story short, from my interaction with the dealer they don't really know anything about the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Hi recent Seal owners, early days I know but....

are you regretting the switch and if you could undo your purchase (now almost 3 months ago for some of you), would you ?

I'm due to take delivery next week but I can still pull out until 'signing day' and get deposit back. I love the look of the car, and the finish inside & out, but I'm just concerned about the quality of everything underneath. I've been on 2 test drives and the UI is just poor but I'm inclined to let that slide (it'll never be comparable to the Tesla) and be optimistic that they will push OTA improvements quickly and frequently to cement themselves. Same for the APP; I cannot see those being monumental tasks for a team that obviously has their fair share of tech wizards. It's the other stuff I'm concerned about. I suppose there is a very good warranty for the mechanical side to ease one's mind, both battery/ DT and otherwise. Decisions !

Nothing from me, just the app is crap but we don't use it tbh. We use keyfob to activate car in morning prewarming.

We've had no faults or failures other than pre purchase things missed. Paint lacquer spots and marked alloys. All resolved first week.

Wouldn't hand it back at all.

Nobody will regrets buying one tbh.

You’re seeing criticism on here as posters would typically be “nerds” and more chat on here on the smaller issues. That relates to all cars.

I guarantee you once you take delivery you’ll be delighted.

The UI can improve over time. Will it match Tesla UI, nobody knows. But for some that’s a selling point. Just make sure “you” are happy with the car. That’s all that counts.

I don't have a sticker. Awe. Il reach out and check. Always assumed the maintenance figure in our settings menu was not set at the PPI.

From the manual.

As a non geek ordinary driver with last 5 cars being BMW’s I have to say I love the seal. As stated by others the app needs more features etc and some other small niggles but nothing in the grand scheme of things. I have never driven the Tesla M3 so can’t compare but hear good things about it also. I wouldn’t change though and happy with purchase.

I'm not regretting anything. Driven the AWD more in a week than I did some months in the various Leafs/ICE cars I've had.

What car you coming from? M3?

Coming from 20 years of BMW, most recently an i4 e40 and then an i4 M50.. I have zero regrets and the build quality, comfort, and dealer service both pre and post sale has all been fantastic.

In fact the dealer service has been far superior to my last experience with BMW (although that was exceptionally bad).

The app has a long way to go though, and TBF BMW added features to their app month by month as well, but I've not really seen any features added to the app by BYD yet.

The car itself has improved and it seems they do take that feedback on board and update the vehicle a lot faster than BMW did theirs.

Gumbo is right above, the typical user on this forum is among the 1% and will be pedantic, judgemental and nitpick (myself included). I'll happily admit that most people wouldn't even notice the issues that bother me.

All things considered I would happily recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am not a Seal owner, but it is probably the only other car I would consider when changing my Model 3.

I always tell people if they like something and can afford it, then get it. We only go through life once...😋

Advertisement