Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Did everyone else get the V2L cable?

I got granny, normal charging cable and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

V2L had to go back to dealer for it. It was missing when picked up. Should have been part of their PPI checks

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭AUDI20

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Oonagh123

Which model did you opt for? Design or excellence? What’s the range like in comparison to the suggested range from BYD?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭AUDI20

I bought the design as at my age I am more of a cruiser now than my earlier boy racer years, haven't been on a long drive as yet but finding it very economical on short trips around town, shops etc. I do feel anyone who buys the excellence will drive it on a bit, giving it some welly and the range will suffer a bit (you pay for performance) but for me I couldn't justify the €6000 extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Bungee80

Anyone see this warning light before? It shows up intermittently but I cant find it in the manual...

Thanks!

Re Oonagh123, I'm doing a few trips to Dublin (300km round trip) over the next week and will let you know

It flashes up on mine from time to time, always flashing though, never constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Hard to make out from that photo. The fact that it's beside the speed limit sign would suggest that it's related. Sometimes you get advisory speed limits on roads where it's advised that you go slower, but not mandatory.

Weird. And I don't see any consistency either. Will keep digging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

On my car, I sometimes get two speed limits in that display, side by side. Usually when there are minimum and maximum speed limits or different limits depending on what lane you're in. Usually happens around road works where the lane nearest the works has a lower speed limit or a temporary speed limit and the car shows both the actual and the temporary.

If you're getting it on a particular stretch of road, check the posted signs at that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I noticed that when I first got mine and it took me a while to figure it out but I think it comes up when you are approaching a junction or turn, a traffic light symbol and roundabout symbol come up when you approach them too if I remember correctly.

I also see that symbol on the roads in the inbuilt satnav. It reminds me of a crossroads sign.

These are taken from road data providers globally , combination of different datasets like tomtom , Nokia, here for example it's road information used for various applications including traditional sat nav, routing, driver safety warnings and also obviously autonomous driving inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I noted this in a post several pages back, it's a sign for junction. It's fairly pointless and actually distracting because it only pops up for a second or two as you pass the junction

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Advisory speed limits? Never seen this in a car. What car do you have?

Separate speed limits for each lane on a multi lane road in Ireland? I’ve also never seen this. Maybe I’m living in a bubble?

Ive never seen a speed limit lower for the inner lane closest to roadworks and a different one for the outer lane.

Live data from providers is relatively new maybe last 2 years. It's becoming easier now with connected vehicles to offer these additional services.

Waze basis alot of its functionality off 3rd party data like this.

The old loading up with the SD card from Renault days are gone.

haven’t had an SD sat nav system since the Leaf! But I do remember the days of buying the DVD’s from the uk for the E60, E39, E46 etc

I had live traffic updates in my i3 and 5 series and use Waze occasionally in the eNiro. The 5 series still requires usb update unfortunately but at least bmw have seen sense and only charge €55 for it but you can get them cheaper with unlock codes on eBay. Live data I suppose it out a lot longer than 2 years but it’s obviously improving.

But these “advisory” speed limits which are under the actual speed limits and lower than the digital speed limits I’ve never heard of. What car are they on?

Also this separate lane, separate speed limit. Again, never heard of this.

Can depend on jurisdiction, the lane stuff isn't really a thing GPS doesn't allow the accuracy. It's done usually on qtr mile stretch of road speed. You can have normal road speed and then a temporary utilities work speed for that stretch..not lane though.

Connected vehicles allow for this to be fairly current now. But again relies on the providers relationship with regional local authorities or ,NRA type agencies.

That’s normal. I understand that. But the poster said there was an “advisory” speed warning in the car.

For example, M50 is 100. Crash or whatever causes the temp signs to say 80. Car picks that up. Completely normal for modern cars nowadays.

But the poster then said there was an advisory speed limit below it. That’s what I’m confused on? Never heard of this. Or the separate lanes. Never.

• Advertisement

Technology caters for that though just because you never heard of it doesn't make it not true.

Again the lane stuff isn't really applicable. But advisory speed changes are possible.

Most connected cars can plug in to this btw...

Review for example HERE traffic api.

Again. You’re missing the point. The tech is there but it’s not used in the BYD like the poster said it is. You don’t get 2 speed limit icons on the dash. One normal and one advisable that’s lower than the statutory or temp limit.

So again, never heard of it in any car unless you can show me one that does.

As I said it's available. You were debating whether it's available because you never seen it. But it's available.

I've no idea what BYD are doing with this data because I don't see their code.

Anyone find the paint codes for the various colours? No sign of them in the door area and online searching isn't coming up trumps.

I'd say that's a longshot.. probably down to colour matching rather than codes..

Cheers, that touch up paint I ordered is on a slow boat from China. Literally, here mid May.

I said I never seen the system in place in a car that another poster said it was being used for. I don’t think it is, in any car.

I never said the tech wasn’t available so that’s a mixing up of words there.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Oonagh123

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Anyone know how to select phone input on the radio. I've been trying to play podcasts and online radio from an iPhone and it only seems to work when connected by wire (carplay). There doesn't appear to be an aux or input option.

• Advertisement

Why don't you think active data traffic information isn't available in cars?

I'm actually intrigued now.

Advertisement