Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking - Shooting and Explosion at Concert Hall in Moscow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Not any more though: the guy who shot the Swedish football fans in Brussels last year escaped. He was caught the next day, and killed then but he had been trying to get away. There was another one in France where a teacher was killed last year too, and the guy was arrested and is in custody. Looks to me like they're no longer quite so keen on all dying at the first go. Maybe it's just getting harder to recruit suicide bombers to the cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

You make a terrible linesman all you see is goal posts

I never said they had any of the above

This is a mass shooting, mental cases on their own have carried these out

The reality of being in the army is that the smart fuckers avoid it, in general

Take Russia vs Ukraine, Russia is using its dumbest, Ukraine isn't, this is why against the odds they are holding out, even potentially winning

Because they have toilets

What do these fuckers know about russia the fsb

You think you know because you hear about them in the news

They are from countries without toilets

I'm starting to think the army might suit you

You mean the movie navy seals with Charlie Sheen? Top quality

You cant even read a thread in a way that you aren't repeating stuff that's already been explained

These lads aren't the masterminds of the attack, they are the grunts, what they know is limited, most of it lies

• Registered Users Posts: 28,123 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You never said they had any of the above?

Then what was the point of mentioning PTSD? And all the other things? Contradicting your own posts again.

All the while showing zero engagement with the actual attack carried out. This wasnt just a mass shooting. Or comparable with a loner attacking a target familiar to them in their locality.

Self discrediting nonsense.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭selectamatic

True enough but we were specifically referring to the bataclan attack in Paris in 2015.

But ya look it's absolutely possible the fsb captured all of these attackers alive. My argument is that it's unusually convenient for them as they can now make the captured men say and admit to whatever they feel benefits Putin in respect to the home audience ie. implicate Ukraine.

• Advertisement

No no you just can read good

I said people have mental breakdowns were able to carry out mass shootings

One guy in Vegas with civilian guns caused more carnage than these lads, in the states

It's shooting fish in a barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 33,055 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And this information has been verified and confirmed, has it? By an independent source?

Or are you just taking Putin's word for it, because he's been a pllar of honesty and integrity over the last couple of years?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Versus some other entirely baseless nonsense yes

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭concerned_tenant

Putin is a pathological liar.

What I'm very concerned about is his obsession with a) legacy or b) war, including war with NATO / West; as he has nothing to lose with old age.

His actions to date suggest a pre-meditated trajectory. It's not rational, so it seems intentional. This latest terrorist act and his attempt to blame it on Ukraine follows the same, irrational path (but which he knows perfectly well in his own mind is irrational).

As far as I can see, Putin wants a grand showdown with the West, at any price.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." — George Orwell

Interesting that you say "other" baseless nonsense, thus admitting you believe baseless nonsense.

As for my point, I'm not believeing anything: I'm putting forward a theory.

• Advertisement

How would having a showdown with is help this

He doesnt a showdown with the west as he'd get a whooping

Or perhaps we all die

Both bad

No I'm saying your is baseless nonsense

At the moment there's no reason to not believe them

On the Ukraine piece that is rubbish

Why do you think Putin cares about Russia or the West, at least now?

He was responsible for the massacre in the apartment bombings in 1999 that improved his personal ratings; an act that killed Russian civilians. Is that the actions of someone who cares about Russian people?

He's now 71 years old.

NATO has always been his enemy. Is it irrational to think that a political leader who -- all of a sudden -- behaves irrationally over Ukraine understands perfectly well what they are trying to drag the world into?

Putin knows exactly what he's doing. He's slowly trying to drag the world into war.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." — George Orwell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I never said it did.

Im saying things happen all of a sudden no one see coming.

And something like that is what I think will bring the war to an end.

That’s all I was saying.

Calm down.

He thought Ukraine would be over in a week

A fight with the West would end him

Russia is a paper tiger

There's every reason to not believe: there is a Premier with a track record of lying and who started an international war based on lies, and yet you suddenly believe his word. There is no independant verification of what you're saying: you said yourself, it's "widely beleived" but you admit you don't know who it's "widely beleived" by.

It's also "widely believed" that Ukraine is a fascist state and Russia had to go on to stop it from starting world war three. Do you accept this as being probbaly true as well? - because it comes from the same source.

So, based on all the above, what exactly is your reason for believeing it's the truth? And that some other possible outcome that you haven't even bothered to spend two minutes considering is "baseless nosnese"?

Do you think Vladimir Putin wants to go out without a concrete legacy?

Look at his actions over this latest terrorist attack i.e. blaming Ukraine. He is dead set, as is Medvedev, in taking the world into war. Even if they are playing the "bad guys", it's almost a role-playing act. It's a sickness that affects the most powerful in society.

They want to use their "toys" i.e. weapons and even nuclear weapons, because they don't really give a damn about the public.

It's all about legacy or vengefulness.

The Americans, the British

Who warned him it would happen

He ignored them

He has something to gain from trying to blame the Ukrainians for this

It's transparent

What to be gained from capturing Patsy's

He wants to stay alive, the Ukraine was more about Russia than anything else

So no

Of course Putin would stay alive; he can always hide in his bunker.

How you can dismiss the reality of Putin deliberately forcing war on NATO is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

The evilness of Russia and the low birth rate are directly linked. You can look at different countries and find different reasons for falling birthrates, but in Russia women choose to have few if any children strictly because they don't see much of a future for them in Putins Russia. In general, Russia is a fantastic place, with fantastic people, and if you lived 10 lifetimes, you would still not see only a very small fraction of what it has to offer. It has 11 times zones, so thats pretty vast. Likewise, there's many different ethnic groups there, scattered over the 21 republics. Both Moscow and St. Petersburg are fantastic cities to visit, from both the historical and architectural perspectives. The big problem is that when you have a very small Nr of people in 100% control, and they are an extremely corrupt people, who treat the Country as their own personal wealth fund, with only scraps left for the rest of the population, and this group use every means possible to keep their grip on power. Putin has absolutely no qualms about murdering hundreds of thousands of his own citizens, (in Ukraine) and you see what happens to any opposition, Navalny being the last of a very long line of murders Putin has committed. But Putin's biggest crime after his murderous disposition, is that he's destroying the very fabric of society by his theft of Russia's wealth. The sumptuous life enjoyed by the few at the top is in stark contrast to the majority of the population, especially in the Republics. Which of course contributes to women not being in favour of bringing children into the world. And that my Friend, is why I don't have much time for Putin and his ilk, and for all the other Putins in the world either, because he's definitely not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

Have you ever met one ( or more ) of these grunts?

All talk?

Putin has invaded a neighbouring European country and attempts to eliminate the country from the map. He talks about "protecting" people who speak Russian; the same defense that Hitler used.

Putin speaks of the West being "controlled by paedophiles", and having a fascist character.

Dmitry Medvedev suddenly speaks about how Russia has "no borders", that it can exist from Portugal to the east border of Russia. He speaks of how the world "doesn't need Ukraine"; i.e genocidal intention.

Anyone who has read history understands perfectly well that Russia is acting irrationally, but deliberately. They're not stupid, they know exactly what they are saying. They know they're lying. Why do you think they would lie in this way?

The current incumbents in Russia want total war to achieve either a non-attainable goal, or to go out with a very, very, very large bang.

Can you tell me a time when Russia hasn't been like this, because it's been like this for the entire history of the country

He's also threatened to west with escalation about 500 times in the last 2 years and done nothing of the kind because it would end him

This is why the war was cold

Maybe read some history books

The difference is that escalation is slowly increasing, as it should expected to be.

Escalation doesn't happen overnight.

What are you talking about, it's so slow it can't be measured

None of that ansers my question.

what exactly is your reason for believeing it's the truth? And that some other possible outcome that you haven't even bothered to spend two minutes considering is "baseless nosnese"?

• Advertisement

Because it's baseless, you understand what that means

You are making a baseless assumption

Advertisement