Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETFs taxation in ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

JAM - https://markets.ft.com/data/investment-trust/tearsheet/summary?s=JAM:LSE, its not an ETF, its a closed end fund or Investment trust, thankfully they are treated as normal shares for CGT purposes, there is no eight year disposal nonsense.

Its available on T212 and IBKR that I know of, used to be on Degiro previously also, I left them because they pulled it (and other Investment Trusts for reasons unclear).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

a lot of etf's available on revolut, and noticed for one (IUSA), Ireland is ranking second under number of users with exposure to the fund (US 96.88%, ireland 1.64%, uk 0.70% etc)

No sign of any investment trusts on it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭techman1

Regarding degiro I noticed that they have put some investment trusts like city of London investment trust in a separate category titled " ETFS and Trackers". I rang them to query this that city of London is not an etf or a tracker, its a trust that invests in a set of companies it doesn't track anything? Didn't get anywhere with them, my concern is that revenue doing a trawl of brokerage accounts will flag this up as an etf that was not declared and then investors will have to go through a laborious individual process to prove that they are not at all because degiro have wrongly categorised them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭amacca

I could be mistaken but I doubt revenue would base their classification of an investment vehicle on a categorisation degiro uses?

I mean its an investment trust not an ETF, theres a reason they have a different name?

Advertisement