Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citizen watch from late 70s/early 80s

Options
  • 19-03-2024 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

I'm searching for information/model/catalogue of a watch that I owned and lost years back. I think I bought it around 1980, still had it in 86 but mislaid it around '88 - a long time ago I know! It was a Citizen with a solid flexible stainless steel band on a rubber backing. I mislaid it when I replaced it with a different model but its still a favourite. If I get the info I can search for a second hand one. So far sites for Citizen haven't yielded anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Have you got any other identifying details? Like what style was it? Diver, sports or dress? Was it a pro master?

Was there anything that stood out on the watch as particularly unique or identifying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMBC

Ok. I can only describe it as very modern unique looking, blue face and the face was flush with the top of the stainless steel band. The band at that point formed a circle around the face of the watch. There was no bezel around the face just a very narrow ring. Because of the depth of the timepiece the band rose above the wrist for a distance of about an inch from the top and bottom of the face.

That's the best I can do. I think the solid s s band gave it that modern appearance. I wonder is it possible to view catalogues from that time. I havent seen anything on the second hand market that looked like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Citizen Catalogues seem hard find, if it was a Seiko you'd find them no problem.

Two here, might be lucky cases are often used across several years so if you can find a similar one searching for the model might turn up related ones.

First one has pics from 1976 further down. Are the ones on bottom left what you mean by the band forming a circle around the face?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Try a search on ebay, vintage citizen, then click on blue dial. Not sure if the link works, seems to be problem with links here lately.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vintage+citizen+watch&_sacat=0&rt=nc&Dial%2520Colour=Blue&_dcat=31387

edit; skip the ones from India, watches there seem to have a hard life.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMBC

Thanks and apologies for not ack sooner. It is one of the two on the bottom line lhs. Ill try the sites now that I have the model CMV2-W82.

• Advertisement
Advertisement