Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v Scotland match thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Good result.

Awful game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

not really. This comes up insanely frequently. People's memory of what were and were not good quality 6N is generally patchy at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VeryOwl

So relieved. Great to win. Delighted. Definitely some areas of concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Byrne had the opportunity to half russell, instead halved our lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭scott1974

That scoreline really flatters the Scots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Yes, I think we have been going backwards since France game. Won the championship so will definitely take that, a win is a win, but we aren't close to number 1 in world media crap.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Back to back champions!!!

Fcuk the begrudgers

I'm having a pint in celebration tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I thought it was a yellow on one of the replays but another showed Russell leading with his forearm high into Harry in the non ball carrying arm.

Yellow is fine but there were two other incidents of Irish players taking head shots and nothing done by the eagle eyes TMO.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Scrappy win but another championship is the main thing.

Delighted to see POM and Healy bow out with a win.

Jack Crowley leading us to a championship in his debut season at the helm.

Aki was our player of the tournament.

New blood in the summer should freshen things up.

Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Takes after Nash from last week then

(What a stupid comment from you to make!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Can somebody express that idea in a falsifiable mathematical way? It’s something that appears to be true but is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,045 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ugliest win in a long long time. Great to win the 6 Nations in a year I thought we would struggle. World Cup hangover hit late rather than early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭almostover

A great, great player. Who is deservedly getting to finish his career as a 6N winning captain. The hurlers on the ditch have nothing. A man who achieved everything in the game. Captained his club, province, country and the B&I Lions. Watch there today, when we broke away up the wing, looked who secured a ruck single handedly against huge counter ruck pressure. The casual fans only see the flash moments but the real rugby fans appreciate the workhorse that POM is, and has been for years. Another legend in a green jersey and fully deserves this trophy as captain. Has nothing left to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭John arse

This thread was better than the match but job done - just.Fair play 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

The Welsh fans were miles better than the Irish fans, which is hard to believe.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭fitz

It's the lack of TMO intervention for the Furlong headshot that I think is the issue for me, not that call on Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ROSSA RYAN

This Gibson Park lad being interviewed doesn't sound Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

How did we get away with that Crowley knock on? Scotland go no advantage whatever and we ended up scoring a try after the turnover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭roshje

I often wonder what the age of some of the posters are on here, because there are a lot of school yard comments posted on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

Have to enjoy the win but dire game. JGP, Nash and Aki the pick of the bunch. The dominant tackles came from Lowe and Aki, our pack really faded in the last 2 games

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭fitz

Sums it up. Crowley was mixed, but will stand to him.

Aki player of the tournament across the board imo, not just for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Two good defences, niggly, and causing errors. No harm in winning ugly. Another 6N in the books!

Let's go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Great to win and to honest I’d rather watch a nail biting last ten minutes than a boring 20 point rout. We’re not as far ahead of the rest as we were last year so some reorganisation on the cards. Next year will be different if Farrell isn’t in the chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭phog

Win 4 from 5, the one we lost was away from home.

Nothing shabby about the results, some of our performances could have been better at times but that's sport.

At the end of the day we've won the 6Ns two years running, one a Grand Slam

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Terrible game, great to get the title but feels very hollow considering the quality in the tournament this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Seadin

Yes but serious issues to be addressed going forward.

Advertisement