Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room to Improve (v2)

Options
19596979899101»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,043 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is very true based on the 11,000 who did it from just 2019.

RTI reflects reality it would seem

• Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭event

And remember, there are thousands more who would need retention but havent applied as they are not selling their house. So the number is even higher. I reckon RTI is below the average

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Francis McM

Not the point. Another poster wrote / claimed that the  "majority of houses" "dont have the proper planning permission or required retention."

Of course most houses have planning permission, because of one the things a solicitor will check / have to check when it changes hands / someone gets a mortgage and buys it is if it has proper planning permission. And if not, has retention been successfully obtained.

No bank or building society would accept the security of a building which is not planning compliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭event

Incorrect

My house is not planning compliant. I got a mortgage on it last January. The bank is well aware

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's actually a very pertinent point but if you don't care to take it on board I won't detain you further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭lmk123

Somebody must have bought phone credit for Francie 1 and 2 again

😁😁 Francis wants to put 11,001 people in jail, she must be stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Francis McM

Read the newspaper article I quoted from. That is not true. And you are not funny.

Don't put up posts about the law being broken and then try and step away from the implication of that.

While it may be technically the law, as you have been shown, it doesn't work like that in practice and Bannon is more typical than unique.

You weird and bizarre mission to 'get him' on some angle across multiple threads has failed.

Give it up, save face, just stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I see in the Bookmarks page that there are 16 new comments on this thread.

I look forward to some discussion on houses, buildings, DB's style, or something similar.....

Instead I'm faced into the same two people have a slagging match at each other. Near enough same names and same avatar's, so I can't even tell them apart when I skip over the bickering.

Maybe take it to DM's folks? Nobody here is really interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭lmk123

I’ve suggested that more than once, he / they have taken over every thread with his/their bullsh*t since RTI started in January

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Also does exactly the same in the radio forum, making absolute shite of many of the current affairs programme threads.

I've reported them in both forums, to no avail.

Ignore button is your best bet - at least it saves you having to read all their posts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mod: @FrancieBrady @Francis McM You have diverted the thread enough with another one of your back n' forths. I would recommend you put each other on Ignore, or take it to DM - because this is not the first thread you have derailed with your routine.

It's a discussion site and thus "Robust" discussion is to be expected and encouraged - but not to the extent that it drag threads borderline off-topic and floods the place with your inability to agree the sky is blue, let alone anything quantitative. Stop badgering each other, leave each other be; nobody else enjoys reading it.

This reminded me of Dermot.

Personally I'd like to see it. I know not everyone will agree. They are looking for smal lproject.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭Trampas

Small project but large budget

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭KevRossi

-So, Dermot, we just want the bathroom retiled, and the hallway painted please.

-And what's the budget?

-€1,200 Dermot

2 weeks later……..

-So I've decided to slice the house in two and burn the bit that will be left over. Then I'll dig down 3 floors and build an underground swimming pool and shark tank. The house will go from a B1 to an E3, but there's a grant for that, that I'll forget to apply for. Budget? About €575,000 to start, due to rise to €1,347,516.43 after I decide to turn the swimming pool upside down. And the kitchen will be made of plywood because it looks shite.

Advertisement